First grow may need help

Growing media: canna coco

light: 400 watt hps

light distanace is 1.2m

no feed yet

8 days old

niceguy seed

indoor grow

the thing i want to know is there is a little light color on the tip of the seedling, since i put it under the bigger light it is growing faster but the little light tip has not gone away

at what stage do i feed it and would that be the problem?

post-60212-0-74984300-1487249365_thumb.jpg

post-60212-0-68995400-1487249369_thumb.jpg

Im not a coco grower so could be wrong. If I understand it properly and your growing in pure coco there are absolutely no nutrients in it at all. So as I did in my dwc it would need a very light feed like 1/4 strength or less. But someone that has grown coco would be able to answer that better than me.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I'd agree with JFF, but a light feed, don't be drownin it, coco absorbs fluid so at that size maybe once a week feed, even that could be overkill. Once watered feel the weight, in a few days pick it up feel the weight again, see if there's any difference. Being so small the difference would be minimal but you may be able to notice. Just don't be feeding it daily, that be overkill.

I agree with what has been said and here is my advice to add to it,

low strength nutes from early on with coco ( I start at 1/8 strength at first watering and build up), use a coco specific nutrient, let it dry out in between waterings to make the roots search and fill the container early on (feel pot weight), feed nutes with every water, look to get a good runoff each time (10 percent or so), start a diary here with pics for any issues and you get the bonus of a nice timeline for yourself, good luck :good: