LED's again

Check out my thread if you want to see the results of a cheap mars hydro LED in a small space.

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/77488-small-led-grow/

My growing is not the best, first time in a long time giving this a go, but the light has done pretty well for about $230.

With the amount of trouble u had hydrochronic ur plant didn't turn out to bad [emoji106][emoji2] each grow gets better [emoji7]
  • Upvote 1

Look at Smashly1979 on Instagram, there is 5 plants in a 2.4x1.2 tent with 1 x 300w spider 6 (under $600 to purchase) with outstanding results. LED get a bad rap from cheaper LED not performing. More lights u add better ur grow will be with the correct LED [emoji6]

Wow. That's impressive. I foolishly jumped into LED purchasing on eBay without doing enough research first. So I've ended up spending in total over $500 on 2 x 600W. and 1 x 300W when I would've been better off spending that on one good one. Live & learn...But for my 2nd tent I'm gonna be smarter. There's some MarsII and Reflector editions on a 'Clearance Reduced deal (eBay) atm with between 40% - 60% off the normal prices. Some good bargains. I read somewhere that they need to have White & preferably green not only red & blue? Could be wrong!

• Upvote 1

Wow. That's impressive. I foolishly jumped into LED purchasing on eBay without doing enough research first. So I've ended up spending in total over $500 on 2 x 600W. and 1 x 300W when I would've been better off spending that on one good one. Live & learn...But for my 2nd tent I'm gonna be smarter. There's some MarsII and Reflector editions on a 'Clearance Reduced deal (eBay) atm with between 40% - 60% off the normal prices. Some good bargains. I read somewhere that they need to have White & preferably green not only red & blue? Could be wrong!

lol eBay has some great deals. Let us know how your grow goes [emoji7] White only needs to be minimal, to much white only puts ur power bill up, there's a article somewhere someone posted saying green not always beneficial to all plants, great for lettuce yes. To much green can be toxic to the plant. Defiantly red n blue. I use a 40ft container and have it sectioned into 4 rooms and a Resi room. I don't think u can have to many rooms/tents lol [emoji4]

• Upvote 1

lol eBay has some great deals. Let us know how your grow goes [emoji7] White only needs to be minimal, to much white only puts ur power bill up, there's a article somewhere someone posted saying green not always beneficial to all plants, great for lettuce yes. To much green can be toxic to the plant. Defiantly red n blue. I use a 40ft container and have it sectioned into 4 rooms and a Resi room. I don't think u can have to many rooms/tents lol [emoji4]

Wow. That sounds like an awesome set-up! Kudos to you, Porcha. My bigger tent is arriving next week so I'll have two going. But being new to this indoor growing gig, I'm not sure how to do it.....Should the 1.2 x 1.2 m. tent be for veg and the 2 x 2m tent flower? And I'm guessing I'll need a little propagation tent, too? Kind of wanting a perpetual thing. BUT although I own my house, with a studio down the back where no-one goes, and have solar power..I still don't want to have way too many plants for my personal situation.

And do you germinate or clone? Any advice?

• Upvote 1

Wow. That sounds like an awesome set-up! Kudos to you, Porcha. My bigger tent is arriving next week so I'll have two going. But being new to this indoor growing gig, I'm not sure how to do it.....Should the 1.2 x 1.2 m. tent be for veg and the 2 x 2m tent flower? And I'm guessing I'll need a little propagation tent, too? Kind of wanting a perpetual thing. BUT although I own my house, with a studio down the back where no-one goes, and have solar power..I still don't want to have way too many plants for my personal situation.

And do you germinate or clone? Any advice?

Hi Annabanana, I'm new to growing too but I don't worry about what size room I'm growing in as long as my light is efficient n cover the area. I don't grow from seeds often unless it's my flowers n vegetables to slow so clones are much faster. My starter room is same size as all my other rooms 1.8mx2.4m. I live on acreage in whoop whoop lol n grow in my 40ft container. Which is sectioned into 4 rooms and a resi room at the end. ATM got 250w in first room with my bushes, 24w seedling room, 100w third room and 200w 4th room. 3rd/4th room just flowers n veg but I can honestly say my power only jumped $200 a quarter but I do want to look at solar later on. That also allows for water heating as pumps. Over winter I have to look at adding a ceramic heater as last winter my rooms got to cold due to LED not putting out heat. [emoji106][emoji4]

• Upvote 1

I'm in Perth which has moderately cold Winter nights. I think most growers have their lights on overnight to keep them warm but because of the solar power, I'd rather have my lights, pumps, exhaust etc. during the day and I've got a fan heater for the back studio at nights. There's so many factors to think about with indoor growing. Outdoor was so much easier! I've been doing lots of reading but this forum has more clear information and the members are so helpful. I'll be interested in hearing about your progress and techniques!
  • Upvote 1

I'm in Perth which has moderately cold Winter nights. I think most growers have their lights on overnight to keep them warm but because of the solar power, I'd rather have my lights, pumps, exhaust etc. during the day and I've got a fan heater for the back studio at nights. There's so many factors to think about with indoor growing. Outdoor was so much easier! I've been doing lots of reading but this forum has more clear information and the members are so helpful. I'll be interested in hearing about your progress and techniques!

last year my grow rooms got down to 3 degree (insulated too lol) stunting growth of my plants so this year a heater running through my vents will make sure that doesn't happen lol smart move running sure the day while the suns out [emoji7] lol I've never grown out doors I only ever started grown indoors. N I agree everyone here has been pretty awesome. I've got so much to learn myself serious nutrients is my tuffy but found a awesome nutrient from SA I'm liking [emoji87]

P.S. Porcha, having lost so many seed orders to Customs, and you saying cloning is quicker, I've just decided this Minute that I'll grow a Mum plant now. I don't know if I could keep her in my veg tent WITH her little babies but I guess it's just back to the reading.....x

If I want 1-2 plants I do 5 clones I have had males and not sure how this comes about I defiantly need to read more lol but I'm bit of a trial n error person lol I clone them under 12w cobs so mines in seperate room or I put them under my 50w sharing with other plants lol let me know how u go [emoji6]