DWC May Try it Again

Chrystal

Hey guys i am considering going DWC again i haven't done DWC in around 11-12 years i new nothing about it back in the day and probably still don't

what's the go with water chillers? i remember Chato running them years ago

when i last done it it was in a 15L there abouts tub 2 plants one was male so i was left with one female, i was going full strength nutes so as u guessed it fried the plants i have learnt half strength is full strength

can i use Canna Coco in a DWC?

IMO DWC is more suited to cooler times of the year.

Dont qoute me but i think canna brang out a nute for DWC.

Naycha did a 6 bucket DWC with a water chiller but i dont think he got it fully dialed in.

I have not done DWC in about 10 years i now use coco and IMO it is almost as good as DWC for growth and yield once u have the feel for it...

With only 2-3 semi successful grows under my belt I've only done dwc and will continue to , I love it but I think a chiller is a must

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why the chiller? i have never looked into this...

IMO DWC is more suited to cooler times of the year.

Dont qoute me but i think canna brang out a nute for DWC.

Naycha did a 6 bucket DWC with a water chiller but i dont think he got it fully dialed in.

I have not done DWC in about 10 years i now use coco and IMO it is almost as good as DWC for growth and yield once u have the feel for it...

Yeah  iam setup for coco but just read a thread about someone saying if u go DWC u wont look back haha, i have 3x 5 gallon fabric pots and the coco but was wondering about the DWC if i need a chiller i probably wouldn't use it unless i done it in winter just because chillers cost a fortune

Your res will inevitably become same temp as the air your pumping into it , in summer for me that was 27-32* which is way too hot , algae love the the warm water and also over 21*your dissolved oxygen levels drop by half and get less the warmer it gets , colder water equals more oxygen more oxygen makes for faster growth and more buds ... that's what I've learnt in my 3 grow experience anyway , hope it helps ,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by c0bblep0t
  • Upvote 1

Chillers are expensive. Depending on how hot your res will get, I can suggest using Z7 from Flying Skull, or I've heard people use hydroguard also to help fight algae and pithium. Z7 was hard to get and is pricey but my goodness it works well.

Bottom line is, if you plan to do dwc, plan to look after your res or don't bother. If it's not under 25C at least you'll have problems. I also hear if you put a tiny fan just above your res and blow air across it the temps drop a few degrees, which in some cases may just be enough to keep things in the clear (without spending alot on chillers)

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/index.php?/topic/77531-Tunkers-Tinkering---2017-Time-to-get-perpetual

Defies belief doesn't it, and it doesn't even seem to have a chiller included.  So much cheaper to buy all the bits and make it yourself, with the added bonus of being able to build it to specifically suit your grow room.

It's like when I wanted to set up my flood and drain system and looked at a couple of pre fab setups with insane prices, and none were a perfect fit either.  Built a perfectly functioning system to suit using stuff from bunnings (except for the aerator) for about 1/4 the cost.  It doesn't have to be complicated.

DWC does seem to be able to give possibly the best hydroponic performance, but only if you get it spot on and nothing goes wrong.  Extra production rates don't seem enough to make up for the hassles and potentially catastrophic failures for my mind, but I admire anyone who has a go at it.  Careful monitoring and a chiller are a must if you want to do it IMO.  Does save a lot of money on medium over the years.

:peace: