Regrows, is that what you call them?

coco, 2 * 2 litre pots on 1m square drain tub gravity drained to nutrient tank then pumped back to plants, 1.45m 1.45m 2m tent, 600w HPS,
At the end of my first grow my mate who helped me out told me to leave a few small buds at the bottom and growth after I chopped them at maturity.
He then said to change the feed back to nutes( I had been flushing for a week) and change the lights back to 22/2 and we would regrow those two plants.
In my mind I thought "WTF mofo, I'm only growing perso but surely I should just start with two clones or four".

7.5 weeks later I'm a 2.5 weeks  off harvesting and I will have probably about 1.5 times the yield off the same plants.
I also have another two different fem seeds in which 1 should mature about the same time(looks good) and the other one hopefully 1 to 2 weeks later, so I actually have a smaller area.

Such good results, faster, higher yield but am I right in coming to this conclusion?
Opinions?

I have read so many forums before I joined this one and no one even seems to mention this regrowing although I assume everyone does it.
Opinions?

It can be done but it's a time waster .unless your trying to save that particular plant .

agreed.  I never re vegged a plant but have re vegged from 10 week old buds that were cuttings.. Its a pain in the arse and even given the extra time fresh veg cuttings when its super healthy work way better..

Im guessing re potting is a must when re vegging a plant. I wouldn't do it unless i really needed to. Even then i would only re veg till i could clone

It can be done but it's a time waster .unless your trying to save that particular plant .

Compared to what?

I am genuinely interested.

I checked and I couldn't really find anything on it here but trying to revegg a pollinated female.

When I harvested the last crop, one and only, the guy who helped me out insisted on reveg.

I thought he was nuts.

However the two healthy clones I started with couldn't even keep up with what this what these did.

The buds already look heaps bigger, ship load more snow( and it hadn't appeared this time on first) and still have 2 weeks to 2.5 weeks to go.

I halved nutes, did an earlier longer pk13 14 run at half strength, 6 degrees average hotter in tent, heat ave 33(light on) 25 off, it summer but the things are powering.

The guy was blown out and says I got lucky, keep you're eye on them and becareful of budrot.

I want to actually work it out,not that I'm chasing yields for anything other than self pride.

I'm not worried about any of it, I just love analysing thing and if I do something I strive to get best results.

Edit, it was heaps easier too, no potting and no need to hand water.

Edited by BigBudSpencer

Photos would help.

How long did you revegitate the plant before you started to head it

Normally takes some time for the plant to adjust to the change from heading to revegging.then you get the " Monstercrop " effect ,where nodes growing out of the old Bud are so close at first till they grow out a bit .

It's a style of growing and supposed to give good yield .

Personally I'd rather new seeds or clones to replace the old ,But we all have different ways we like to grow

I like a quick crop and don't want to spend so long going through reveg

If it went quick for you then well done ,must have a fairly vigorous strain.