Noob here - and quite desperate (nutrients, medium, etc)

My advice is to read and reread anything Hashy has to offer on your threads. 

Hmm pizza

Micro growing in a bucket is way beyond me. 

All the best with the mission. 

thank you mate, I followed his advice and I went straight away to buy a better soil, I got Canna professional soil. Tonight I will repot and lets hope for the best. If you curious about the space buckets: https://www.reddit.com/r/SpaceBuckets/

thank you mate, I followed his advice and I went straight away to buy a better soil, I got Canna professional soil. Tonight I will repot and lets hope for the best. If you curious about the space buckets: https://www.reddit.com/r/SpaceBuckets/

He recommended coco or coco cut with perlite in prepackaged bags. Canna terra is peat based. Might need to reread what he said. 

Ive used canna terra and it didn't seem to like me much. Not saying it won't work for you. 

Out of Searles with 20% perlite. Canna Terra pro and a coco block I got from a mate in a garden center the coco beats the lot with the canna close.

I have a giant Russian sunflower in a 250mm pot with pure coco that's beating a 290mm pot of Searles by about 30mm last I checked. 2 seeds germinated the same day and potted up the same day.

Only water used on both. I know they are not canna but I like doing experiments. All my canna in coco is still outperforming any soil and that's without coco specific nutes.

Coco is the way to go I'm convinced.

I have a mixed grow.

Next one will be pure coco with coco specific nutes.

My 2 cents!

K.I.S.S.

Use seedling mix without nutes until third leaves.

The prepare base soil at 1:1:1 ratio of organic compost, coco coir and perlite.

Light feed with Chron`s super sauce mix and increase as the plant looks stronger. linky! https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/18469-chrons-super-sauce/

That bucket is so small you shouldn't veg for more than 2 weeks after transplanting,

Out of Searles with 20% perlite. Canna Terra pro and a coco block I got from a mate in a garden center the coco beats the lot with the canna close.

I have a giant Russian sunflower in a 250mm pot with pure coco that's beating a 290mm pot of Searles by about 30mm last I checked. 2 seeds germinated the same day and potted up the same day.

Only water used on both. I know they are not canna but I like doing experiments. All my canna in coco is still outperforming any soil and that's without coco specific nutes.

Coco is the way to go I'm convinced.

I have a mixed grow.

Next one will be pure coco with coco specific nutes.

too late now, i got soil and perlite :)

Will be fine.

I'm a noob too.

Don't kill them with love.

Listen to what people say here, I have learned so much from this site.

Read read read. Some won't make sense until you do it yourself but this site is a mine of info and I have read a lot here and I think I am just scratching the surface.

Don't over water. Less is more.

Pay attention to ph

Edited by Carbcon
  • Upvote 1