Lighter green after fim

Hi guys.

Fimmed this plant a few days ago. Seems to be growing a bit uneven but growing. The lighter green color seems to have intensified since.

In 290mm pot in tent under 315w cmh 3000k.

Medium is 60% coco 40% Canna Terra pro.

Repotted today.

This plant from bagseed sprouted around 15/12/16 and had a scalding in the heat until 05/01/17. Then 85w cfl, then a 250w cfl and finally to tent and cmh 48 hrs ago.

Have read a few different things. Cal mag perhaps?

Has received red power feed at half strength.

Heading into a possible 5 day away period, my ventilation will be OK with an extractor fan. Temps may be high. Should I use just use water when watering later?

Have light maybe 700mm now. Still playing with heights and coverage. Reflector is a 6 angle cheapie.

Any comments welcome. Newbie here.

post-59840-0-56799600-1485677047_thumb.jpg

post-59840-0-29330600-1485677074_thumb.jpg

Water should have ph 6.5 to 6.8. Is the tank that catches the rain water plastic? I have a friend who is not on town water. She has a plastic tank and a metal tank. We did a ph test on her plastic tank water and it was 8, then we did a test on he gal iron tank and it was 6.5 or there abouts. I now understand why my plastic rain water tank always has a high ph it is the plastic causing it.

Back to your problem, you are using two mediums that require two different ph's to grow good plants. I would go to a ph of 6 to 6.5, trying 6.5 first. No nutes just flush it for a couple of days using ph adjusted water. Don't over water though. IMO only.

Edited by brick

Does Red Powerfeed contain added calcium/magnesium? it looks like a calcium/mag deficiency to me i have had this before when using non coco specific nutrients

i donno what what the second medium is your using but coco is best and use a coco nutrient with added cal/mag

ican't remember if my leaves went back to green or stayed yellow but new growth was healthy once i used coco specific nutrients

Like what Brick said I think it has to do with two mediums needing a different PH to grow nicely, coco being around 5.8 to 6 pH with the soil being a bit higher 6.5, 6.8 or so.

gazza's point about a coco specific nutrient with added cal/mag also as you are using mainly coco.

Good luck and keep us all posted

Hi guys.

Thank you all.

OK rainwater is in a plastic tank but does contact metal.

I have to recheck but I remember the water itself being 6.8.

I am away from home until Saturday so I could have a bigger problem.

I did a trial with canna Terra and a trial with pure coco. They both impressed, coco more so.

Thought the canna would get help with the 6 day away period perhaps holding some nutes.

I'm unhappy with this grow. Heat killed heaps and then I had too many successful germinations. However if not successful, it was v good to learn.

Ended up with 13 plants and 6 diff strains as a first grow so maybe bit off a bit more than I was able for, then being away was unexpectedly. Only 2 fem seeds in the grow(white widow). The plant that has the coloring is a bag seed so unsure of sex yet.

Really wish I could check on them but it will have to wait. I have been stocking up on beans ,attitude landed today, have a seedsman package on the way too.

The repot was an attempt to make them hold onto life a bit easier when I'm away.

Will be post a better reply and maybe start a grow log at the weekend if they survive.

Will check all data and let you guys know.

Obviously a change in medium and pH irregularities can lead to the plant not being able to access certain minerals etc?

I've read you gotta balance the pH to maximise plant uptake across the range. What is the range?

Is pH variation key to successful full uptake for the plant?

I have a lot to learn.

Many thanks

If your away for 6 days often look into the UK made auto pots, forget about the Australian auto pots.

for this grow if they are still alive when u return next time u plan on being away for 6 days slip a spill tray under the pot give the plant a nice watering and leave around 4mm of water in the tray under the pot it may over water the plant but the plant should be fine in 6 days time

Thanks for the advice.

I did give em a good water, in a big pot too. Thought that may buy me some time.

I roasted some seedlings outdoors before, the poor things were all leaves up to the sky, curled and almost powder to the touch.

I remember it as almost Pompeii like pose.

Have had visions of arriving home to the same.

Heat is the other problem. My light on temps are 24-30. Light off will be 33-35.

Have extraction in tent and a fresh air supply.

Hi guys.

I worked on getting an opportunity to tend the plants today. It worked.

A few points,

My water is 6.8 pH.

All the pots tested at between 6 and 7.

Even a few coco/canna Terra mixes showing 6.0 which is a bit closer to ideal.

I gave them a good water with 6.4ph adjusted with apple cider vinegar and then took readings.

OK, so I have a medium with too high a pH let's say 7 and target is 5.8.

So with regard to the added water, should I just feed water at the ideal 5.8 rate or go lower to account for the already high reading?

Red powerfeed has no calcium. I had read about the non specific coco nutes needing cal mag sometimes. I have some on hand. Its manutec trace elements with 10% cal and 3.62% mag.

I'm guessing get the pH right first?

All plants are alive. 40c in tent.

Pics to follow