Fan Silencers

Have a look at the hyper fan.. it has a built in speed controller and no hum from what i have read, it's also the most efficient/highest cfm fan you can get right now. I'm going to be getting the 8" one.

I was looking into the Hyper fans actually i was looking at all of them even the Blauberg $650 150mm silenced fan it suppose to be 33db that's as quiet as a mouse farting!

i remember walking into a store and hearing a few different fans running i heard the 150mm Hyper fan run yes it was powerful but fuck it was loud i also heard the Whisper Silencer fan 150mm at the same time which sounded 1/4th of the Hyper and now i have the Whisper fan it doesn't seem as quiet as it did at the shop i would guess around 50-55db about as loud as two people having a conversation

I'm looking to go ultimate in stealth, if no one can hear it no nosy bugger will know about it

i thought about going up to a 200mm Hyper fan and using it on its lowest setting but i have big plans for my next set up which is a 4 led cob aircooled light set up with ducting and shit so the only ducting i can use is 90/100mm I'm not sure how the 200mm Hyper fan would cope running 100mm ducting

I got all the stealth/silencers

acoustic ducting

fan silencer

fan is in a box stuffed with insulation

as little corners in ducting

all in all i am very happy with noises

....now the 10$ bunnings pedestal fan make for air movement makesa hell of a noise lol

can hear that fuckin thing a mile away lol

....the person who invents silencers for the pedestal fans is gonna make a mint lol

• Upvote 2

I got all the stealth/silencers

acoustic ducting

fan silencer

fan is in a box stuffed with insulation

as little corners in ducting

all in all i am very happy with noises

....now the 10$ bunnings pedestal fan make for air movement makesa hell of a noise lol

can hear that fuckin thing a mile away lol

....the person who invents silencers for the pedestal fans is gonna make a mint lol

I read Stanley Beamish's grow report and his positive mention of tower fans. I bought a $45 one from Bonaire and it is very quiet and moves a good amount of air - on the highest setting though it can be heard.:) Just make sure to read the reviews as some tower fans seem to be loud ... even from the same brand.

Anyone know how to wire the fan side? this is the RSOnline speed controller, i was thinking of just cutting a 1 meter extension lead in half and wiring each half to the box that way the fan keeps its plug and the box plugs strait into mains

i don't know what the "U" and "UZ" is for, i assume the bottom one is earth and the Z goes to either the live or neutral (yet to be worked out)

Hey Gazza:)

I had a better look at this controller and don't think it is a variable transformer ... it looks like it might be electronic. I originally put the link in as they make good fans, but would suggest giving them a call ... just to make sure. 

The Jaycar one that ................ suggested, might be a better way to go.