Deregistered and Defiant - All In The Public Interest

I see, that's how it is thanks, that one line explains everything.

( I couldn't be bothered) from above. thanks for such an informative unbiased forum.

One sentence you don't like from one member and this is an uninformative and biased forum? All he said was he couldn't be bothered searching for any more threads about Andrew Katelaris other than those he had already searched for, found and linked here. Sure your not being a tad over sensitive itlldoo? No one has been edited or censured because of their views about this guy for or against.

Did you read Ford Fairlaine's post? https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/77240-deregistered-and-defiant-all-in-the-public-interest/page-2?do=findComment&comment=496463

From what I have seen, the most success has been from Lanai Carter and the Medical Cannabis Advisory Group. They are credible, intelligent, in favour of full plant Australian grown, cottage industry and/or not for profit and they understand the system and have had great success in what they have set out to achieve. Formally they were qld based, but now appear to be lobbying at a federal level.

:peace: MongyMan

• Upvote 1

sorry mate !  yes your right. its that "ONE LINE" that gets on my goat. "I can't be bothered" for nearly 20 years I have been chasing how canna help children with epilepsy and 9 out of 10 times I get that very response, it becomes very tiresome. my wife tells me I should think first but my fingers type faster than her sometimes,

I apologise to anyone who has been offended by my comments, 

thankyou for suggestion about this group  I shall listen to what they have to say, cause getting anyone to talk about this is like pulling teeth !

Edited by itlldoo
  • Upvote 1

sorry mate !  yes your right. its that "ONE LINE" that gets on my goat. "I can't be bothered" for nearly 20 years I have been chasing how canna help children with epilepsy and 9 out of 10 times I get that very response, it becomes very tiresome. my wife tells me I should think first but my fingers type faster than her sometimes,

I apologise to anyone who has been offended by my comments, 

thankyou for suggestion about this group  I shall listen to what they have to say, cause getting anyone to talk about this is like pulling teeth !

Don't take it personally.  And certainly don't see a comment related to spending time searching out other threads with more of the same as being even remotely about a lack of passion for the advancement of med canna, because that's not what it's about.

I'm a passionate believer, but simply believe we should not be blind to those who are merely arseholes hiding under the guise of being crusaders for medical cannabis.  There's money to be made, and also attention to be gained, so there will be charlatans.  I believe katelaris is one, but also freely admit I may be wrong, and that he has done some good over the years, but certainly not enough to make up for the bad.

All I wanted to do was encourage people to look at this guy, and plenty of others, with an open mind instead of automatically thinking he's awesome because he campaigns for med canna.  If you still think he's great after that, then I'm fine with that.  And I'm not offended by your comments, disagree with me as much as you want, so long as you don't get abusive I'm fine with it, I might even learn something.

:peace:

• Upvote 3

Well, lets see, ummmm, what Gumby said, plus:

The guy is more into self promotion and self righteousness, than anything else.  FFS, anyone who charges profit gouging prices for an illegal medicine they believe in, and then goes to the trouble of starting up a church as an institution to place himself and his business within, should be ringing a lot of alarm bells, sounds a lot like the start up of a cult to me, praying on the desperation of the vulnerable.

I couldn't be bothered trying to find all the posts/threads, but here's a couple he's come up in:

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/76961-deregistered-doctor-referred-to-police/?hl=katelaris

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/75021-scam-alert-aussie-medicinal-seed-don-medicinal-cannabis/page-18

I know there's another one about his carry on at last years med canna symposium in Tamworth, and another about the very dodgy way in which he manufactures his "medicinal oil", amongst others.

It's good when people with credentials come out fighting for the cause, but just because that's what they appear to be doing on the surface doesn't mean that that's their motive, or that they are not counter productive to the cause.  Being pro something doesn't mean people should turn a blind eye to all the bad shit, but it does mean that those on the anti side can find plenty of ammo if there is bad shit.  So take a look at the guy's history without wearing canna coloured glasses, and you might see why he's not so popular around here.

He's had an education, and can be articulate, and on the surface he makes it sound like he knows his stuff until he's no longer allowed to carry on unchallenged, at which point he can start to look and sound like a bit of a nutter, not a good look.  Generally narcisistic loud mouths who can't abide anyone questioning their activities, who then start a supposed church are articulate and somewhat intelligent, but look at the history of what a lot of those churches turn into.  But this guy lost me long before that point by selling overpriced olive oil infused with black market cannabis, made on his kitchen floor.

But, feel free to love him, buy his stuff, and join his church, with a bit of luck I'll turn out to be extremely wrong.

:peace:

No need to get uptight. I was asking what people had against him. I hadn't heard the injecting oil story, and agreed it's not great.

However the second link is all about the Don. The Don and Andrew Katelaris are two different people. So half the stuff you are accusing him of, he didn't do.

The Don's name is Langdon Brown. He doesn't hide his identity. I think the don was a scam but I hadn't heard that about Katelaris.

Edited by freddie