Does the ballast put out a trackable signal

Hi every one ,I read an article from the US that the ballast from HPS lighting puts out interference on the the CB band width that's is trackable by authorities. The suggest they can even tell when you change 18/6 to 12/12 and some people are being visited by boys in blue . Myth or not

Just about anything that uses power will have an electrical signal of some sort that can interfear with things and can be picked up.

EG mobile fone the noise it can make near a speaker or car raido.

Things that use more power like a ballast will have a bigger signal but to b able to trace them using a cb raido would be a lil out dated compared to the type of detectin gear they have in this day and age and there would way more easy ways of finding than driving around with a cb raido trying to pick up a signal...

it is true when you have heap of digi ballasts running they can interfere with radio frequency and can be detected, but if you do that your an idiot and deserve to be busted cause if your that large and your discussing this you should reconsider what your doing, as for the 18/6 to 12/12 thing they can get that from the power company if they have any suspicion to look, they wont look if they don't suspect. 

Have a vague memory of when I was looking into digital ballasts for HPS that they had problems with causing strong interference, and read stories of people allegedly getting visited by the popo as a result of neighbours complaining about radio and tv interference, dunno how true they were.  But I do know that the Lumatek I ended up buying is supposed to have good shielding built in to prevent this, and I've certainly had no issues with tv or phone signal, and I've used my phone right next to it while it's on. 

Dunno about mag ballasts though?  But I'm pretty confident that if the coppers are out the front of your house using detection equipment, then they are already onto you beforehand.  With all the various bits of electrical gear out there, it would just be a ridiculous and expensive fishing expedition.  Don't worry about it, there's plenty of more important things to be careful about if you want to keep your indoor grow from getting rumbled.

I was recently growing when a neighbour whom is a good dude came over and asked if I had put a up a new Ariel or done anything. New as his radio was not working any more, he was a passionate 3aw listener and it started about 2 weeks ago. That was exactly when we started to run 5 digital ballasts. I tested my radio and there seemed to be interference also. About 3 weeks later, due to another issue the grow was moved and after speaking with him the next day his radio was fine again. Strange

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners mobile app

I was recently growing when a neighbour whom is a good dude came over and asked if I had put a up a new Ariel or done anything. New as his radio was not working any more, he was a passionate 3aw listener and it started about 2 weeks ago. That was exactly when we started to run 5 digital ballasts. I tested my radio and there seemed to be interference also. About 3 weeks later, due to another issue the grow was moved and after speaking with him the next day his radio was fine again. Strange

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners mobile app

What brand ballasts?