PGR'S what do you use?

after much digging on the subject I found that the majority of the information against palco PGR was pumped out by GMO companies, and to really fuck yourself up from palco you would need to eat a gram of it for every kilo in your bodyweight. A single treatment in a DWC system can be easily cleaned out by flushing. The single treatment is defined as when flipping at 12/12.

I cannot find anything much on chlormequat, even struggling to find the msds.

But I did find there was quite a bit of disinfo regarding BRIX, which has a natural PGR, a member on here made a claim that it was plastic resin, when in fact its carbo loading, and a natural PGR.

I find it quite fascinating that this particular PGR has not been very much investigated called Tricontinol.

you can buy this shit off ebay cheap but its in powder form it could make a good addition to a dwc res.

another product containing this compound is

Emerald Triangle ETSS8OZ Snow Storm Ultra Fertilizer

they claim

• Amino acid based product tricks the plant into thinking it is heat stressed
  • Results in intense resin, fragrance, and flavor production for a "frosted" look
  • Contains no carbohydrates or sugar water

This is the actual ingredient

1-Triacontanol is a fatty alcohol of the general formula C30H62O, also known as melissyl alcohol or myricyl alcohol. It is found in plant cuticle waxes and in beeswax. Triacontanol is a growth stimulant for many plants, most notably roses, in which it rapidly increases the number of basal breaks.

Edited by N3ro
  • Upvote 1

Seeing that PGR's have been banned in California - and Oregon tests for PGR's in cannabis and will reject pounds of flower due to positive tests for PGR's.

I am using none, hell there would be no way I would use a PGR even if they were not banned.

Why do you need to add a growth retardant/reulator to your crop?

A good grower does not need to add PGR's to their crop, well unless they they want a shorter flower cycle, crappy bud that is not worth smoking

Seen many PGR bud and ended up with one here in cali too, they are always crap buds and a seasoned smoker will be able to tell that their flower has been messed with.

Edited by Matanuska Thunder
  • Upvote 7

Not all PGR's are equal, and many are naturally occuring.  But the ones used by commercial growers in the Aussie black market, such as Paclo, only really serve one purpose which is to reduce stretch and flowering times, with fast weight gain, to improve profits.  Even if what you say about disinformation being pumped out by people with a vested interest is true, real world results don't lie, commercial hydro here in Aus is disgusting shite.  Even being around the smell of it for a couple of minutes makes me literally feel sick in the guts (seriously) for a few hours, on the occassions I smoked it before I started growing again it caused me enough negative issues that I would go without if I couldn't find bush weed.  Plus it's resin profile is shit, and potency suffers as a result.  The fast rush type stone, and short effects time, is more down to early harvest, but that's part of the point of using Paclo.

These are the reasons why most of our members don't touch the shit, we want good quality, healthy weed, that gives the full canna experience.  If you're going to grow your own, why settle for anything but top shelf quality?

But if you're looking to be a commercial operator, and have no conscience about the outcomes for your end users, then by all means research and use all the tools at your disposal to produce more weight in less time, it is sensible business practice in an unregulated market.  Or maybe research naturally occurring PGR's, and go for less dramatic flowering time reductions and weight gains in favour of a better product.

:peace:

• Upvote 6

OK hear me out on this, a single dose of paclo to induce flower can be flushed out in a dwc system leaving no trace in the plant, considering that this chemical was used for apple farms in the US and literally thousands of liters of the shit was sprayed all over the trees during fruiting to stop the apples dropping from the trees- a small single dose of it to induce flowering is not going to be toxic to a human being.

The natural PGR I dont know thats what I want to find out. I'm not talking about Paclo on this.

If it's non toxic and can enhance what a plant already offers then what's wrong with it ?