eyelikeweed's sneaky outdoor grow 2016/2017

Both plants are around 800mm tall now.  Any tips on how to keep them small?  I've topped both plants once already.

Northern Lights:

attachicon.gifNL2.jpg

Durban Poison:

attachicon.gifDP2.jpg

you gotta put em in the ground or in bigger pots man

thats slack to the plants otherwise

will greatly affect your yield if you dont.

you havnt got to stretch yet .

end of feb they'll grow a couple extra feet taller.

if your 100% certain those grow bags are the last pot for the season,

i'm telling ya theyre too small for the way your feedingthem.

you better get some containers that are bigger and have those pots sitting in the containers

storage containers will do

have nutrient feed 2" deep once a day & also in the bottoms of the container have airstones to keep roots aerated 24/7

those things will eat themselves inside n out otherwise.

ive done it, same size comparison

pot to plant ratio

plenty of times too

only way is to have the base of those pots submersed in aerated nutrient feed 1-2" and topped up as it soaks up

crazy idea ikr, i got deperate growing 3 oz plants out of 2 litre pots one year, same size comaprison in ratio as you have

the ones i didnt do it for , epic fail.

and for the low cost too, i mean wow.

your talking ounces and ounces of product you might loose just hand feeding those little grow bags

stick em in the ground and get tent pegs and string to spread em out and lower them a bit.

be a star....thats what i really recommend , go all out and use the earth as it was meant for.

Carn

• Upvote 1

you gotta put em in the ground or in bigger pots man

thats slack to the plants otherwise

will greatly affect your yield if you dont.

you havnt got to stretch yet .

end of feb they'll grow a couple extra feet taller.

if your 100% certain those grow bags are the last pot for the season,

i'm telling ya theyre too small for the way your feedingthem.

you better get some containers that are bigger and have those pots sitting in the containers

storage containers will do

have nutrient feed 2" deep once a day & also in the bottoms of the container have airstones to keep roots aerated 24/7

those things will eat themselves inside n out otherwise.

ive done it, same size comparison

pot to plant ratio

plenty of times too

only way is to have the base of those pots submersed in aerated nutrient feed 1-2" and topped up as it soaks up

crazy idea ikr, i got deperate growing 3 oz plants out of 2 litre pots one year, same size comaprison in ratio as you have

the ones i didnt do it for , epic fail.

and for the low cost too, i mean wow.

your talking ounces and ounces of product you might loose just hand feeding those little grow bags

stick em in the ground and get tent pegs and string to spread em out and lower them a bit.

be a star....thats what i really recommend , go all out and use the earth as it was meant for.

Carn

Thanks for your reply, Carnage.

I would love to grow bigger plants in bigger pots or in the ground.  However, my current living situation does not offer that luxury.  For now, I am content with small plants and if I get a couple of ounces, I will be stoked because I haven't smoked in many many years :)

Looking good Eye.

Bigger pots or in the ground would be ideal as Carnage said but in you current situation as you said you cant so you have to make the best out of the situation.

A good rule of thumb is that cannabis plants will nearly double their height after entering flowering, so they will get bigger/taller for sure. They might get a little top heavy when flowering so might be a good idea to think about some kind of support for them if need be.

Good luck.

OMD.

:oldman:

• Upvote 1

I constructed a bespoke wicking wheelie bin pot for a friend a few years ago! Works great if your old or have any impediments which prevent you from lugging heavy pots around when guests arrive. The wheelie bin is cut in half(heightways) and the bottom half of bin becomes the wicking bed and the top half of base is for the growing medium. Works surprisingly well, especially if you can paint the outside of the bin white or cover the outside with a light cloth like hessian to keep the reservoir and pot cool. I regret not taking pictures during construction but to be fair, the construction was fairly simple and was adapted having seen other peoples ideas

After finally getting the hint from the folks here, the plants are in 10G fabric pots.

The durban poison was snapped in half after a storm, but a bit of tape and some extra stakes, and hopefully she'll survive another week or so till she's chopped.

The northern lights still has a way to go yet, probably at least 4 weeks.

• Upvote 1