Leaves turning yellow fast and some going a rusty color - Help

quick story, one year i bought a real nice GROW a+b nutrient from a hydro store, it was their own brand.... 

same thing happened as yours basically.

i was going for a long-term dwc, had to wash my plants roots in a solution to save em and plant in soil for comfort to the roots.they came good in a couple days.

point is i don't like the look of your GROW A+B nutrients. sorry. might as well get something that people arent having issues with especially if its one of your first grows.

Carn

Edited by Carnage

not in those lil pots

thats a lot of stem and branches and leaf

i got so many plants and they all get like that once they get tall n bushy in a lil pot.

need perlite recirc setup or dwc or NFT to keep plant that bushy in small pot.

them roots aren't getting constant flow of fresh aerated nutrients.

Know people grow a heap 10+lber plants erryyear, each in their own 300gallon pots, massive.

Only that big pots so roots can grow free and not let anything slow down.

Just an example of rootspace making a difference

Carn

I still recon its rust fungi, if the nights are cold but the humidity is high followed by warn days with high humidity then thats when rust fungi can happen.

Below is a pick of a rust infected leaf that looks very similar  to yours.. 

post-59652-0-29506300-1481885390_thumb.jpg

I might be wrong but just a thought.. And if it was rust pulling the infected leaves off was a good thing to do before it infected the hole plant..

• Upvote 1

hey OldManDallas,

what can you tell me about rust fungi.

I will encounter it one day no doubt.

How can I successfully win a battle against it ?

Carn

As i said in the post above if the nights are cold but the humidity is high followed by warn days with high humidity then thats when rust fungi can happen out side, and pretty much the same thing for indoors.

Indoors you gotta have good ventilation and try to keep the humidity down a little and if you do get rust Its extremely hard to get rid of once you got it, most fungicides will help slow it down but not kill it completely.  Any infected plant material should be burnt or put in a garbage bin outside of the home as composting and leaving it a normal garbage will just spread the infection more.

And if you leave the infected leafs sitting in your pot it will just spread like wild fire.

Wipe down and disinfect your grow room after every grow if you can to help eliminate any probs, easier said the done lol