What are some Aussie strains?

yea this was late 90s, grown outdoors, euphoric that made ya pull a whitey, couchlocked too.

think it was being grown up towards queensland border of NSW coast.

no towns or cities specified. 

Just up north on the coast of NSW where its hot and nice for cannabis in summer.

most of the coastline nth of sydney is pretty good in nsw really.

lol @ growing cannabis all the time

It was up here in SE QLD until around 2008...Smoked that strain for close to 10 years  :smoke:  Was all that was about for a long time...now you can't get nothing but indoor...

Never grown the true "Mango" from Papua New Guinea, but I've grown plenty of "Papaya" (AKA Paw paw) from "Nirvana Seed Bank". Great strain by the way.

For the Mexicans Sth of the border, Paw paw is another tropical fruit, similar to a mango which grows close to, & on most islands around the equator.

Paw paw is much tastier than a mango & is a "very acquired taste" (the fruit, not the weed).

Real "Mango Weed" comes from PNG, along with beetle-nut (a local opiate like fruit, grown high in the canopies of the beetle Palm) is a highly sought after produce, in any market outside Port Moresby, sold in bulk especially in the highlands...

Smell is sensational & tastes almost as good as it smells. Grown traditionally in PNG, yrs ago it was shipped over to Australia by the "ton.

Good old refugees coming in on boats everywhere from Timor to N.Z, (lol), put a stop to the mainline flow from PNG back, in the 90's.

Prob started smuggling well before then, we (Australians) have been in & out of PNG since before the Kokoda trail seen any ANZAC, but that was before my time...

Love to get my hands on the real original seed, as I was only in primary school when I lived in PNG.

I smoked, but left the growing to my dad, God bless him.

I know that's no excuse, but that's all I got.

From there, I moved to the ACT & was very surprised to find a mate talking bout Mango Weed, they thought it was buried & stored in the ground with real Mangos to get the taste in the mull, fuck I'm still laughing at that...

Soil is very different to Australia, climate is too.

Rains every afternoon in the highlands where it's grown by local villages & the "Rascals" (rascals are PNG local guerrilla militia, who don't fuck around).

Straight up this tell's anyone that this strain has great resistance to mould!

Traditionally grown outside, if you were to come across this strain, I'm pretty sure you'd realise one wouldn't want neighbours within close proximity of a small plot, (Greenhouse or not) let alone a decent crop...

Thinking of taking a quick plane trip from Cairns to PNG, take CAUTION.

Don't think 1 can get a ticket to PNG, buy Mango seed & fly home, unless you have well known & trusted contacts.

After all, this is a 3rd world country as corrupt as Africa & as dangerous as the most notorious countries for theft, break ins, car jacking, kidnapping & murder to mention just a few...

I remember not being able to get to school cause the Police & Army were having a skirmish on the rd to our school, lol...

God I wish I didn't get sent to boardin school in Australia for high school...

No higher education than yr 6, back in the 80s anyway.

That's what my old man told me anyway, lol.

Since I've grown up, I've been in out the mining industry, stories I've heard from the ex pats working over in the PNG mines, tell me tales that inclines that things haven't changed much since I left in the late 80s. In fact I hear they're much worse.

Prob why I never went back, apart from the stink of beetle-nut spat on every wall, the pit toilets, tropical virus's like malaria, & I can't forget to give a shout out to the "very polite & lovely Rascals growing the killer MANGO weed"!

BTW, they are far from any of those things.

I could go on for hrs, but that's my local knowledge on the original "Mango Weed" strain.

Not the patented...

Free The Weed

• Upvote 3

If you had contact with some folks between Port Douglas and Cooktown (I won't name the region), you could probably source something close to the original seed stock from there also because they grew a fair bit of it around that region as well from the late 70's to early 90's.

What do you know about PNG Gold?

Thought that was a blend of Coffee Bean, lol...

Seriously it is though.

The Cannabis species is commonly referred to as "highland gold".

Very nice SativaDom.

Can grow 1.5-3mtr.

Grab it with both hands, send some my way...

That was 1 of the nationals favourite varieties..

Geese, this brings back good memories.

Highland Gold, very pungent, loves rain & generally grows on the side of a steep bank.

As the name inclines, it's generally grown up in the highlands...

We lived in a place called Mt Hagen, rained every afternoon at 3pm through the rainy season.

Doesn't get very hot up their though...

Still, very resistant to mould so I'd say go for it...

Off memory (from a near 40 yr old)

Has a very distinct leaf shape.

Very long & wide, almost webbed? (Pls jump in, if I'm wrong).

Also, if I remember correctly the Males can be quite hard to tell early on in flower.

Some very nice herb though, worth a ride to Cooktown...

Hope this helped

Yeah, If I recall correctly the coffee you refer to is/was a Robert Timms blend or similar. :D

But yeah, the handful of people I've spoken to about PNG Gold know what I referring to, just thought that's what it's known as. Though it's the first time I've heard of it being called Highland Gold. I would've thought they'd struggle to grow cannabis anywhere else other than the highlands of PNG and Bougainville, dunno.

Regardless, it was good to hear your take on both strains, CGH. As there's very info out there about the strains of that region, and what there is seems a bit sketchy/dodgy. Definitely rate highly in my opinion, would also love to source the originals.