cultivation & manufacture permit

quigs

Question

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has gone through the application process for the cultivation & manufacture permit for medical cannabis in Victoria???

I'm extremely interested in getting one or both permits, can anyone help me with being successful in the application process? or know of someone who has gone through the process and is willing to help?

Thanks in advance

There are a shitload of jumps, hurdles and red-tape, so many regulations and rules - business background, criminal and character references checks etc

I think one of the stipulations is you need a customer up front, as in you can't just grow for anyone, you have to have someone who's lined up ready to go, like an oil manufacture or edible company something like that.

a quick google search come up with this.

http://agriculture.vic.gov.au/agriculture/grains-and-other-crops/cannabis-in-victoria/medicinal-cannabis

https://www2.health.vic.gov.au/public-health/drugs-and-poisons/medicinal-cannabis

https://www.odc.gov.au/cultivators

How can I obtain a licence to manufacture medicinal cannabis?

Medicinal cannabis manufacture is subject to dual federal-state regulation. The Office of Drug Control is now accepting applications for Commonwealth manufacturing licences. Before a person is eligible to apply for a Victorian manufacturing licence, they must first obtain a Commonwealth manufacturing licence. Application forms for Victorian manufacturing licences are not yet available. More information on Victorian manufacturing licence processes will be available in 2017.

good luck!

Edited by The Stoned Jester

There are a shitload of jumps, hurdles and red-tape, so many regulations and rules - business background, criminal and character references checks etc

I think one of the stipulations is you need a customer up front, as in you can't just grow for anyone, you have to have someone who's lined up ready to go, like an oil manufacture or edible company something like that.

a quick google search come up with this.

http://agriculture.vic.gov.au/agriculture/grains-and-other-crops/cannabis-in-victoria/medicinal-cannabis

https://www2.health.vic.gov.au/public-health/drugs-and-poisons/medicinal-cannabis

https://www.odc.gov.au/cultivators

How can I obtain a licence to manufacture medicinal cannabis?

Medicinal cannabis manufacture is subject to dual federal-state regulation. The Office of Drug Control is now accepting applications for Commonwealth manufacturing licences. Before a person is eligible to apply for a Victorian manufacturing licence, they must first obtain a Commonwealth manufacturing licence. Application forms for Victorian manufacturing licences are not yet available. More information on Victorian manufacturing licence processes will be available in 2017.

good luck!

True.. as I was filling out the application for cultivation, I have to have proof of a contract to a manufacture. So currently I'm trying to make contact with a manufactures that I possibly can make a commitment and possibly help advise me through the process.

I also started to talk to business advisors to see if anyone can help but because its all so new no-one has much knowledge in this situation.

Also found that I need a goods manufacturing practice (GMP) certificate/license to get my manufacture permit. I believe this means that To get the GMP certificate/license I already have to have a site to prove GMP (if that makes sense).

Sounds like a little bit of money to put up if I were to get refused the permit to manufacture.

• Upvote 1

Ozzy420 & Bedbug I feel like what you are both saying are on point but I really would like to take the chance or the opportunity to get a permit whilst it is still available. Although a long shot I'm not going to know the REAL answer unless I try.

I mean if I do get my permits, It could be worth all the headaches or at worse maybe I lose some money (hopefully not too much)

You need a license before you can apply for the permits. Then you need a permit to cultivate, which doesn't allow you to harvest, you need a separate permit for that.

A Person I talked to did tell me what you mentioned about the 2 permits, which ultimately means more money for another permit which I believe only last a year.

do you know what I need the license in wanngrowbuds?

Not that I'm a glass half empty type of guy BUT.......

Big Pharma :  Hey this is going to bring us shit loads of money but what if the small growers start selling we will loose profits.

Marketing: I have an idea while it's still illegal lets tell all the idiots out there they can get a permit. That way they can tell us who they are and dob someone else in if we say they need a client.

Big Pharma : But how do we stop them they might have a legitimate reason

Marketing:  Easy part of the legislation states that we must let the local police force know that they are legal so they can do spot checks. We just let them know before the government passes the laws, that way those people can never get a licence cause they have already bin busted and you can't get a licence with a prior conviction.

Big Pharma : but if we do that before how do we justify it ?

Marketing: Things get leaked all the time "nudge nudge wink wink"

If your not a user and your just in it for the money this is fine but I need my medication.
NOT saying this will happen but until it IS legal they will not get my name or information.