Best pre made soil mix and ferts?

I have been using the Searles mix.

Nothing added.

Its just what I had.

I did read a post from a rep at sensi seeds giving advice to an Australian client, he said Searles with 5-10% perlite added or Debco with 15-20% perlite added is his choice for potting mix.

Big believer in the KISS principal.

No problems so far.

Repotted to 175mm with 3 week olds that had a horrid start to life with heavy rain and extreme heat, all but 2 dying.

Brought em inside, 85w cfl and they are happy.

At about 3/4 nodes each. Use rain water. PH is 6 in soil. I don't over or under water and was happy with everything I saw when I repotted. Roots had just made it to bottom and top.

With the Searles mix, what nute program is good?

My plan was to wait until the soil was about 3 weeks old (new soil from repotting will richen up the mixture again?)and then start seasol. Then maybe powerfeed or go go juice or whatever I decide upon.

Much of a problem to reverse the higher nitrogen kept in the soil once flowering?

Cheers

I'm asking this for a mate he will be using some Ebay China LED's i need to help him nail it first go but up to date he just uses potting mix from Bunnings which i think is total shit house

he needs to keep it simple so no Canna and no 2 part nutrients i have already suggested coco but he is learning so soil with a one part fertalizer, he is currently using a powder fert i think it may have been blood and bone but i am not to sure

can someone tell me what soil he can buy? i think the bunnings seed raising mix will be ok that has worked for him now

maybe later on i can get some pics of his grow room once its up and running

• Upvote 1