Interpening , Just Like A Sommelier For Wine, But Cooler, It's Can

Interpening is a new word for me & no expert in the area but def would like to be

have always been interested in canna smells , was one of two things you did when

scoring a smoke back in the day , "look" was one & sort of important but "smell" was the

the holy grail , if it smelt good the enjoyment was so much better 

Have you ever noticed which part of your nose is smelling what terpenes (i haven't)

just like taste on your tongue 

do you know what bud rot smells like ?

dose that bud smell salty ?

sound a bit strange , watch the vid , listen to podcast & voice your opinion

420sience interview Max Montrose from the Tricombe Institute   

https://youtu.be/QHU-J5j_hS0

Canna Insider Podcast , Interview with Max Montrose 

http://www.cannainsider.com/max-montrose/

little Interpening kit looks very cool with it's scratch & sniff $45US 

https://shop.trichomeinstitute.com/collections/frontpage/products/interpeners-3-piece-toolkit?variant=19790895939

there's a vid i couldn't find with max & the 420 science guy with half dozen blue dream samples from dispensaries

they would only smoke 2 of the samples 

I agree it's an interesting subject, and it's one I'd like to get into a lot more, except that my nose for canna seems to be a bit burnt out, I can still smell stuff but not with the same clarity I once could which makes me a bit sad.

Will say that it is a bit like wine tasting in that you have to sorta train your brain to recognise and isolate the subtle bits and pieces.  That was something I heard about wine tasting ages ago, but discounted as pompous bullshit for posers, but having picked up several unexpected tastes in canna since taking up the vape I've noticed that the ones I've found are clearer and easier to notice ever since.  I now get excited with every new strain that I might find a new one.  I have gotten to the point that I can get a good idea of what tastes I'm in for going on my limited smelling abilities, and it's a lot of fun.

Nice find Itchy :thumbsup:

• Upvote 1

I agree it's an interesting subject, and it's one I'd like to get into a lot more, except that my nose for canna seems to be a bit burnt out, I can still smell stuff but not with the same clarity I once could which makes me a bit sad.

Will say that it is a bit like wine tasting in that you have to sorta train your brain to recognise and isolate the subtle bits and pieces.  That was something I heard about wine tasting ages ago, but discounted as pompous bullshit for posers, but having picked up several unexpected tastes in canna since taking up the vape I've noticed that the ones I've found are clearer and easier to notice ever since.  I now get excited with every new strain that I might find a new one.  I have gotten to the point that I can get a good idea of what tastes I'm in for going on my limited smelling abilities, and it's a lot of fun.

Nice find Itchy :thumbsup:

thanks for your input Hashy 

lots of interesting stuff , like terpenes being a sort of gate way to a up high or couch lock feeling so to speak

less terpenes less effect or maybe the right terpenes for the right effect 

i have hay fever so my nose is on the blink at the minute but i'd really like to try where i smell 

things in my nose , higher up being more sativa or lower down being more indica 

have never noticed or even thought about where in my nose , fascinating , to me anyway 

the Blue Dream vid i couldn't find 

https://youtu.be/IA-_sO9pTXs

I saw somewhere that the experiment we were all made to do in school with sweet n sour tastes at different parts of the tongue is a load of crap. You can definitely pick out different smells n stuff but don't think it's different areas of the nose. Would be interesting to map out flavours to corresponding effects though.

My wife reckons I've always got my nose in my jars and I have.

Smelling is a close second to smoke it!

Does good smelling always mean good smoke?

Most times I think it does ,but sometimes there are exceptions.

I have come cross some with little smell but still iron u out.

But I guess you usually pick up pretty quick when you smell something truely special.

I know I do.

Interpening I like it Itchy!

My wife reckons I've always got my nose in my jars and I have.

Smelling is a close second to smoke it!

Does good smelling always mean good smoke?

Most times I think it does ,but sometimes there are exceptions.

I have come cross some with little smell but still iron u out.

But I guess you usually pick up pretty quick when you smell something truely special.

I know I do.

Interpening I like it Itchy!

Yeah i did that with Sweet seeds Cream47 , could not walk past it without having a smell 

want some unflushed bud to see if i can smell salt now , maybe i have already & didn't know it ,

i think it's fantastic for grading your own work , takes out some of the BS associated with strain name 

& focuses on facts of what's in ya hand or under your scope 

thanks for your input Hashy 

lots of interesting stuff , like terpenes being a sort of gate way to a up high or couch lock feeling so to speak

less terpenes less effect or maybe the right terpenes for the right effect 

i have hay fever so my nose is on the blink at the minute but i'd really like to try where i smell 

things in my nose , higher up being more sativa or lower down being more indica 

have never noticed or even thought about where in my nose , fascinating , to me anyway 

the Blue Dream vid i couldn't find 

https://youtu.be/IA-_sO9pTXs

Fucken hayfever, it's a bitch to have and it's been a long and bad season for it this year, so I know where you're coming from.  My immune system is a bit fucked up as well, meaning I seem to get every little cold and bug coming through town, so between those 2 things I reckon that's why my canna smell sense isn't as good as it used to be.  Worst bit for me is on bad days it means I either get no taste, or a slightly icky taste, and it does lessen the overall experience.

There are exceptions to the rule, but it's been my experience over the years that you can mostly get a good sense of what the stone will be like from the smell.  I used to think it was just a way of telling potency, but now know that's not really the case.  Since learning a couple of years ago that terpenes have their own medicinal effects etc, I've become convinced that they also interact with the cannabinoids to alter their effects.  I ain't no scientist, but I'm having a good hard go at testing my theory on myself :bonghit: :D

Fucken hayfever, it's a bitch to have and it's been a long and bad season for it this year, so I know where you're coming from.  My immune system is a bit fucked up as well, meaning I seem to get every little cold and bug coming through town, so between those 2 things I reckon that's why my canna smell sense isn't as good as it used to be.  Worst bit for me is on bad days it means I either get no taste, or a slightly icky taste, and it does lessen the overall experience.

There are exceptions to the rule, but it's been my experience over the years that you can mostly get a good sense of what the stone will be like from the smell.  I used to think it was just a way of telling potency, but now know that's not really the case.  Since learning a couple of years ago that terpenes have their own medicinal effects etc, I've become convinced that they also interact with the cannabinoids to alter their effects.  I ain't no scientist, but I'm having a good hard go at testing my theory on myself :bonghit: :D

the bloody wind we've had & what ever got up & going with all the rain plant wise , pollen everywhere

just try keep the immune system as healthy as you can , bout all you can do 

i mix a glass of this everyday as a multi vitamin & gut support 

http://beyondtangy.com/btt-2pt0.html  

Anyways,

solid theory & your not the only individual testing out that theory & many others on there own

except we fuck up & forget where we are in the test & Oh No I'll just have to start again , woe is me ,lol 

aromatherapy has been round for years & there's a truck load of google scholar science papers 

on terpenes & there effects on us , animals & other plants as well , i think it was a terpene scientist that came 

up with the term the entourage effect , think it was mentioned in the vids above 

add a full spectrum of cannabinoids to aromatherapy ( canna plant as it is , unadulterated ) & there's gotta

be something good going on there