Need help with autoflower please

Hey everyone, i want to grow my autoflowers but i really need a little help with doing so, basically i need to know what size pots to plant into, what soil to use, what nutrients and how much each week, and all that, if someone could do me up a bunnings list that would be sweet i have potash and green bottle.seasol aswell currently thank you

Here's about the best starting point I'm aware of:

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/62323-buzzos-autoflower-growing-in-coco-guide/?hl=%2Bbuzzo+%2Bautoflower

That's basically where I started off from with autos, except for using different brand nutes.  I have since tweaked things here and there to suit my own grow style and situation, and now follow what the plants tell me rather than a set timeline, but all that shit comes with experience.

As for Bummings, plenty of stuff you can get from there, but not medium or nutrients if you are going hydro, and even if you are going soil I would encourage you to source or make a good quality light and well draining soil mix rather than anything you will find at Bummings.

Aside from that, there's plenty of auto diaries on the site, use the search function top of page, and if you start up a diary you'll get plenty of advice and encouragement.  Buzzo was the gun auto grower on the site, but hasn't been around for a while.  There's a few competent auto growers here still, just dunno who's got them nailed down the best, except that it isn't me.  Just be aware that yield isn't great with them, and that the slightest fuckup will reduce it even more, they are a bit finicky and the first 4 weeks are crucial.  Lots of good light, and a good light medium are the most important things.

Best of luck :peace:

Edit:  should add that I've found the theory of starting in the final pot to be a fallacy, with coco at least.  Careful repotting in coco doesn't seem to shock them at all, and starting off in say 100mm pots helps avoid them bogging down from overwatering when small, which can be of massive benefit.  Transplant shock with soil may be a different matter though.

Edited by Sir PsychoHashy

just get a real deep pot

its best to not transplant them ever,

get a nice deep pot and let it grow ,

no transplant shock.that way

the taller deeper pot will be best option,

it wont fill completely with roots however the tap root can grow all the way down

bunnings sell a 51cm black pot for $12.50

I'd grow an autoflower 10cm from the edge of that pot and another on the other side, opposite.

mediums:

as for soil I go for a soil w/ no fertilizers, seedraising mix only. add fertilizers later.

50L bag of coco and 100Litre bag of perlite should only be $50 from hydro store

i always get around 2oz of bud or less from a autoflower

i havnt bought them before I just grew freebies 

what strain do you have ?

are you interested in hydro or are you all about the organics and taste of bud grown in soil ?

does anyone know any really big autoflower strains ?

I grow only autos organically outdoors . I grow them for taste and effect, not for yield. I like them because they stay small which is good for security and I get to try multiple strains ready in 10 weeks. Depending where you are, that could be 3 grows per season, I get 2.

If you want to learn everything there is to know about autos, check out autoflower.net

Also check out Mephisto Genetics and keep an eye out for their Black Friday sale coming up in a few weeks. Last year I got around 20 seeds at $5 each including free shipping.

Thanks for the help guys and carnage im doing soil at the moment i got 2 auto hindu kush to try out so really only 1 pot for 2 plants? And wow 2 oz a plant sounds lovely id be happy with half an oz honestly haha

Yea I grew in soil last time in a big pot. if you get a 50cm pot theres no need to have another pot if you are only growing 2.

2 oz is ok , i got 2 oz from around 9-11Litre size pots.

Friend told me Grand Heft Auto by Dr Krippling was the best auto seeds he ever bought.

try sticking one of those feminised girls in each 50cm pot you buy, they get big.

All this auto talk made me go and pop a ghs whitewidow auto freebie i had laying around.

I hope it dies tbh. but I wont kill it. damn i feel like getting some coco and growing autoflowers now.

Carn

Thanks guys keep in mind these will be grown outdoors i know they wont get big because there not getting the extra light hours, like they would indoors but to be honest i just want to practice the basics first before i get a grow tent and proper indoor setup and i did see an outdoor aussie auto grow, and they were pretty decent for just outdoor autos so i may luck out and get maybe a q per plant which i would be stoked with. Do all hydro shops sell the nutrients you guys all use ? Thanks