Selecting plants form seed

ive seen those little balls in the nodes you have get a lil bigger, split open and a giant big fem pistil appears from it....

i wait until i see a set of balls hanging from a lil string in the node before i declare it a male.

seriously , when i used to grow S.O.G from seed , I would put 60 plants in 1m2 area and cross fingers i had 60% females

I'd start to flower from 2-3 weeks after the seedlings broke through the soil.

these were regular x regular seeds i made myself so i didnt care about using excess amounts of seeds. i got 1000's of regular seed stock literally

so wait before you declare it a fail

looks like you have more plants to shove in there. also you can take a cut from underneath the netting up until around day 10-14 of flower without much problem turning it back into vegetative state. so you can keep some more females of the ones you flower. After day 14 flower a cut can take too long to revert back to vegetative state , saying that lol , outdoors only growers don't mind the wait lol... they have 6 months minimum

• Upvote 1

Hay guys what are people's opinions on defoliation of the fan leaves on a scrog . Iv pinched a few off to open up air flow but it is still really thick and bud sites are being shaded . Iv read that you don't remove leaves till going yellow and some saying defoliate the ladys right back. Iv lolly popped every thing under the screen just not sure about on top . Cheers post-59202-147946370123_thumb.jpgpost-59202-147946371067_thumb.jpgpost-59202-14794637236_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

Defoliation seems a personal thing , For me I always keep the top 3 or 4 fan leaves , for main stem or branches . But even then ,a sat leaning plant , or a stretchy plant ,will be more spaced out than a compact indica, so the sativa ,stretchy,leaning plant will let more light in. So it's a balancing game trying to let as much possible light in without stressing the plant from too much defoliation.

So I guess it's something you pick up along the way , or try to .

you want as much green leaf exposed to the light as possible as that drives the plants growth.

thinning out is a personal thing.

if the leaf is really yellowing out, then i pull

or if i have high humidity and temps in the grow room then i pull a few from under the canopy to improve circulation.

as Serrated says its a balancing game.

yea look i hear and see all sorts of methods

not ever going to tell you what to do

there is a real nice book out totally bullshit price of $500

talks about how to achieve 3g/p/watt

p sure they defoliate before flower and after flower initiated

they do something like remove all the leaf below the top 3 budsites

stops energy being wasted on the lower leaf that will never see more than 10par of light in flower. i know you understand me.

there is another site offers some info on it, like they stole it from the book (sneakily plagerising it without actually) except they did their own little tutorial on it

its called 'schwazzing'

now i dont mean to link to other websites however the information is a little tooo good to not allow. Everyone that reads the links will agree.

Links to defoliation :

What is Schwazzing ? & How does it increase yields ? - http://www.growweedeasy.com/schwazzing-cannabis

Cannabis defoliation tutorial : How to increase yields by Removing leaves - http://www.growweedeasy.com/defoliation 

(Experienced Growers Only) Controversial Defoliation Increases Marijuana Yieldshttp://www.growweedeasy.com/marijuana-defoliation-tutorial

5 ways to increase yields (with any strain) - http://www.growweedeasy.com/increase-yields-indoors

-Now if it were me , I would strongly suggest to read these before going further with saying what a plant MUST have.

*Any way I leave lower branches to grow so I can use them as clones.Then I remove them and into the cloner. Meaning I defoliate and take cuts before flower. I top my plants over and over so the entire plant is all top buds (Crown-ees)

I hope I've helped because it took me over 10 minutes to type this up w/ the links so don't rip it down on me lol

Thanks for your time in reading my post.

Carn

• Upvote 3