Size of plants ?

Back in the day when you could count on seasonal weather doing it's thing...

Late September/ early October, I'd soak the seeds (bagseed) in a glass of water on top of a fridge for 3-5 days until they'd sprout. Then plant 20-25 seeds into a foam box with good drainage and using a good potting mix, and raise them at home for 4-5 weeks until they were a foot tall (30cm) and most of them (not all) would be showing signs of their sex. By then, it'd be early November and the chances of rain would be fairly promising, and out I'd go planting out the females and ditch whatever males and hermies I'd find. For at least the first two weeks I'd have to go out and water them each weekend until the seasonal rain would come. Once the rain did arrive, that was usually the last time I'd need to water them.

Then once they were established, I'd only ever go out once a month to check on them and attend to any requirements they may need. There was a couple of reasons for this. Firstly, to keep traffic down in the area, so not to have any paths forming to them. And secondly, the buzz of the surprise you'd get to seeing how much they progressed in that time.

But yeah, as I originally mentioned. This was back in the day when you could count on getting good rainfall in the month of November to help get the plants established out in the bush.

Respect Koori Man!

Rain is the thing.  at present I 'm waiting for it although we had 12mm last night.  I figure I need 50mm to plant my seedlings on with the hope there's more in a fortnight.  my soil is real good and if

I had that much rainfall I would put plants in that are 150mm high and expect them to boom.

however if there's not much rain after initial planting cannabis will hang on for a long time if its roots have enough moisture in the beginning to develop well.

right now, if there's no more rain I 'm looking at going to the hassle of a watering my beds which is lots of work.

anyway good luck with it