how quickly does rot show after a risk event

Hey Stoners,

So my plants spent 8 hours last night in a 1.2 x 1.2 tent with zero extraction/circulation of air, low temps and high humidity due to an unplanned power outage.

Humidity was at 99% and temp 11 degrees when I checked them this morning, 2 hours before the power came back on.

The tent has worked it's way back up to 18 degrees and down to 80% humidity.  My temps generally run between 14 and 20 degrees and humidity 60 to 80%.

My plants are at nearly 10 weeks 12/12.

So my question is has anyone experienced a similar event and had rot show shortly thereafter?  How quickly would it show?

I am going away for 2 weeks on Sunday and I have no-one to check for rot for me so am trying to determine my best course of action from here.

Any experience, suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

:bongon:

Hey Phenix ,

Just keep your fan on them they'll probably be ok ....for now

But shit, if your going away and power goes again ,you might come home to heartbreak

I can understand you not wanting to pull them early

Shame your Humidity goes so high

If I was going away that long at this stage I reckon I'd chop them

Or I'd be worrying too much on holiday

If any rot started today I'm guessing it'd show in the next few days

But only guessing

• Upvote 1

Hiya Phenix :peace:  If you can add a little fan or two.  When I am growing inside those kind of humidity numbers are par for the cours but I jus make sure I've got an abundance of 'breeze' at my disposal, but when I have an event as such I put in a 230mm Heller fan as well (the others are cheap arse little desk fans) and it reall makes for blustery conditions.  I like the smaller cheap ones because I can position and direct them much easier w/o blowing straight on the plant(s).  A few plant ties/bungee cords and suchlike and it really works well.  lol so, to answer your question as to time rot would show, Matti and Indy pretty much have said that....the little critical haze girl earlier started showing signs within 24 hrs if that helps at all...outside though.  Bring em home Phenix!  

All good things  P :bongon:

Faith :sun:

Edited by Faith
  • Upvote 1

Thanks everyone for your advice and suggestions. I had one rot affected cola the next day and that was the extent of it.

Cannabis sure is a resilient plant. My poor girls have copped a heap of abuse (I also accidentally left the light on 24/7 for 5 days about 5 weeks into flower) and still going fantastic.

Looks like I'll be constantly treading a fine line between sufficient air movement and the silence I need for stealth.