Unexpected Autos . Worth keeping ?

Hi welcome to my nightmare, I really need advice from experienced auto growers

Sir and Five I'm thinking of you guys and any one else that's grown these things

I put in six fast versions 3 strains ,all about 5 weeks old 2 strains showed sex really early about at 3 and a bit weeks .

Then the other day I found those 2 strains (4plants ) are autos

Must have been a mix up from the mob I bought from well that's what I'm thinking

So I'm wondering if these look OK for their age

post-57984-0-52275800-1473385543_thumb.jpeg. post-57984-0-99959000-1473385589_thumb.jpeg. post-57984-0-70026100-1473385656_thumb.jpegpost-57984-0-05438800-1473386048_thumb.jpeg.

The pic with six pots the autos are back three and centre front

The plants either end of front are same age but not showing sex hopefully they stay photoperiod

All have had 24/24 started under small LED then under 600w at about day 17 of age

All were repotted at day 17

Three back plants are 36 days old the other Middle front is a few days younger

Non autos are 36 days old

I hope these pice are decent enough for any judgement from those experienced with autos

Strains are supposed to be back three Sweet Special Fast Version

Centre front Sweet skunk Fast Version

Front left and right Cream Caramel Fast Version

Having no experience with autos I don't know if they're worth keeping they look pretty scrawny but are starting to stretch the last couple of days

What do you think? Are they ok for this stage ?

I've held back from ripping them out while waiting to hear from Sweet Seeds but they haven't been on site lately

I am curious about them though but don't want to wast time

So at this stage of life do they seem ok or not advanced enough ?

Cheers SE.

post-57984-0-39356700-1473385694_thumb.jpeg

post-57984-0-40868900-1473385880_thumb.jpeg

I grew sweet seed autos a couple of years back, here's a link to mine at very similar age:

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/63167-the-goat-report-sweet-seeds-autos/?p=426036

If you have alternative photo seeds I would crack some more, just leave the autos in the corner for a bit extra. Not worth the extra power consumption in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

I grew sweet seed autos a couple of years back, here's a link to mine at very similar age:

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/63167-the-goat-report-sweet-seeds-autos/?p=426036

If you have alternative photo seeds I would crack some more, just leave the autos in the corner for a bit extra. Not worth the extra power consumption in my opinion.

Hey Billy

Thanks for stopping by ,

I checked out that grow and weighing all the differences in finishing times and that I only have 4 I might take your advice and use photoperiod and just leave these off to the side

The extended time they may take is really the cruncher

I even thought about chucking in the other seeds that came with these cos they're all probably autos .

Adding to my headache ( heartache). is that I ordered other fast versions that I haven't tried yet

So I'll have to experiment one at a time with those

Yeah I think by tomorrow night I'll have a heap of photos germinating

Cheers and thanks again SE

Sweet Seeds have great genetics, I grew some outdoors and they were around that size at that age, thought they would be bigger under 24 hr light. They will double or triple in size and finish in 7 weeks (10 total) so you might as well give them a go.

Wannagrowbuds. Thanks for the imput But because I didn't plan on an autogrow

And because there is only four of them it looks like I'll be doing as I said above to Billy

I've thought about one day doing about twenty of the better yielding of the 7 Dwarfs strains or something similar in size

I think further down the track they'll get the autos to a more reliable consistency

And hopefully an easy grow .

Cheers SE.

Edited by Serrated edge

IMO auto's are not worth the effort.............why would you grow a 1 foot plant ffs????

I regularly get mine up to a metre, using some LST.  I've also gotten up to 7 oz off a plant.  Quality is consistently high, and I find autos have a nice mellow edge to the stone that I like.  But the main reason I have for growing them is that they fit into my situation sometimes, whether it's a short bush grow instead of the full season, or making use of excess space and light during photoperiod veg, or making use of the small veg tent while other plants are in flower etc.

Personally, I'd never make them my main or only option though, photo's get better value for space and power use, and the stone lasts a little longer.

:peace: