Hermie or Survival Mode?

Hey Guys and Girls,

We have a SSS Rhino Cookies in the tent at the moment and 1 SSS Double Affie.... She/He's are in week 5 of flower.

This evening we noticed that on the bottom of the tent, when doing a routine weekly vacuum, 1 flower pod, which looks like from a male plant, underneath the Rhino... Then looked up and saw 1 whole branch full of immature seeds, maybe about 1 week along. Then found maybe 3 more pollen sacks on different bottom branches, opened up and just hanging.

Inspecting the Double Affie, no signs of pollination.

The rest of the RC looks great (sorry camera not doing its job at the moment) and looks as if she is going to power on and do her thing...

Thoughts?

Could she just of thrown a bit of pollen for survival or is it a true hermie? We have never seen a true hermie in flower before..

Cheers

Bummer man,

If there is nothing that stressed them then you got bummers seed

Were they feminised?

My very first feminised I put to head was a pure male

Ironically bred by Female Seeds Co

Not really saying it's their fault cos shit like that can happen

Just got to roll with it I guess

And now they'll probably throw more hermie seeds out on you

All you can really do is keep your tweezers handy and pull out any bananas you see

Bad luck man.

if thats the case, sorry SSS, no more seeds from you... regular seeds they are... thats 7 out of 11 Rhino Cookies that filled with seed.... 6 were done outside, we brang it down to winter stress, but dont think so because the other 15 bag seed done well. then done the controlled one in the tent and its happening again :-/

There possibly has been a couple hours stress on a day of moving the tent to a different location, but wouldnt think enough to hermie her.

So the other Doble Affie in tent will defo be polinated by hermie pollen now yeah? take em outside to finish off and start cleaning the whole area?

Grrr.... might go back to the mothers and take fem clones and keep the 100% success rate.... touch wood! :P

edit..... thinking about it now..... 10 SSS Nanan Boclou were all males or hermies, ans 4 out of 5 Double affie freebies did not germiate.... $130 down the drain there..... hmmmm

Edited by qwobbler

hey mate 

what a piss off 

i haven't grown any of those SSS strains , but have never had more males then females from there other strains 

& i've never had any of them herm on me 

i would drop SSS an email re rhino cookies , not sure if this cross is done buy them or them & other breeders

might not mean anything , just nice to know & to let them know as well , Not Happy Jan !

i have some sss indoor at the mo although i did have 3 seeds zombie disco that were all male  

i do have rhino & D affie seed which i've given to couple people , i'll have to give them a run & see what happens 

hey mate 

what a piss off 

i haven't grown any of those SSS strains , but have never had more males then females from there other strains 

& i've never had any of them herm on me 

i would drop SSS an email re rhino cookies , not sure if this cross is done buy them or them & other breeders

might not mean anything , just nice to know & to let them know as well , Not Happy Jan !

i have some sss indoor at the mo although i did have 3 seeds zombie disco that were all male  

i do have rhino & D affie seed which i've given to couple people , i'll have to give them a run & see what happens 

yeah ill drop em a message, they have been helpful in the past..

funny you mention the zombie disco, they don't even advertise that one, and our 5 freebies of ZD were all male aswell... we kept the best male and collected pollen...

The double affie looks amazing, just hope she hasnt been pollinated by the moffy, its the only 2 in the tent... but as mentioned, it was only one branch, the 3 or 4 male flowers we found were in the same location on the bottom of the plant where the branch was effected..... guess only time will tell, but sorta want to just pull her outside now and let her finish and accept y loss....

Hard accepting losses anytime 

Just with the ZD's i might have stuffed up when transplanting so i might have a female ZD out of the 3 i started 

the thing is i'm pretty shaw i didn't stuff it but the 2 i have look different & smell completely different & the three

males i chopped , which should have been ZD's , looked pretty much identical 

yeah ZD's aren't on there web site that's why i said maybe breeding was done out of house & these are testers , i don't know that just guessing

& not that breeding in general can give you all males , i know i've just started a bunch of tomatoes in debco seed raising mix aka woody sandy concrete ,

never again , that's what happens when you try being a cheap bastard !

• Upvote 1

So after sitting and looking at the ladyboy for almost 2 hours, trying to decide what to do, have decided to pull himshe outside in the hope it didnt pollinate the Double Affie, which only has about 3 weeks left... Closly inspecting the DA, which is soooooo dense and bushy and squat (so it was as good a look as possible), there doesnt seem to be any pollination... FINGERS CROSSED! So the DA will finish off by herself in a 120cmx90cm tent :P 

How do we all think the transplant will go?

So its 5th week of flower, In Coco and been feeding H&G nutes...

It has to go in the ground somewhere, as we dont want to waste coco nutes on making hermie seeds :P Should we just do the old hardening off over a few days in shade then plant himshe on an overcast afternoon, put a cage around it and spray neem as a preventitive, because im guessing it will get smashed by bugs, being an indoor plant..

cheers

Hope you DA gets through with no pollination issues.

Shame about the rhino I really wanted to order some this season but it didn't happen.

Hope shim goes alright outside too mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah think things will be ok, cheers :D

Looking closley at the DA again tonight, still no sign of any pollination.

These things happen I guess, and it teaches us alot in the long run... never ending learning process ;) Its never happened to us, so its not a loss really.

We spoke to SSS, they really are nice people and are willing to help... They have F2 seed stock almost ready and he advised us that he will resend the rhinos for another run when his F2 lot is ready. (about end october)

Also had an explanation on the ZD.... He seems to be getting alot of females but almost all the freebies sent out, he has had complaints too, so think they might scrap the ZD.

If you order, just remember they are here to help if things go pear shaped, and we have never had a problem with the older more stable strains.. 

He was very interested in finding the fine details on where and what node the flowers were found on, so guessing he is still perfecting the strain :)