T5 & T8 LED Fluorescent tubes. Do they work for veg?

Hey everyone,

our good old trusty maybe 15 year old double batten T8 Fluoro's have finally died.

went on Ebay to fin some new replacements.... What the hell happened to good old fluoros? And trying to find some with a plug fitted already seems non existant...

So there are these....   

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-10-20x-5W-9W-18W-24W-T5-T8-SMD-LED-Tube-Light-Fluorescent-Replacement-1ft-2ft-/401035681488?var=&hash=item5d5f96ded0:m:mqEE4aY72hUQ6hu4Bmrme0w

Do they work? Anyone using them? Any other suggestions on where to get some with plugs fitted..

Cheers

plenty available at Bunnings according to their website:

I am heading there today, which spec are you looking for, i.e. length, watts etc. ?

https://www.bunnings.com.au/search/products?q=fluorescent&facets=CategoryIdPath%3D2a021706-07d5-4648-bf26-2ea8fea049df%20%3E%20b0611b78-f1ce-4962-9acb-d6e997d318ef

They dont seem to have Twin Fixtures with a Plug attached already... They all have to be wired by an electrician.

We need whole new fixtures with plugs wired already and we want twin T8's with 36w Tubes. The tubes are available everywhere I know, its just the actual fixtures that we cannot source, the only ones that we can source only use the new LED tubes.... does that make sense?

Cheers

Cool, was a bit unsure if you meant bulb or fixture, I'll have a look next time I'm there.

Have you tried an aquarium shop ?

actually yep we have, there is only 1 shop within 500kms of us and he wants $80 for a double 4ft fixture that will only take the 18w tubes :-/ pretty greedy!

If only we knew a sparky, we would buy some from bunnings and get them all wired, but we even tried calling an electrician and asked for a quote on wiring 4 x fixtures and he wanted $120... lol :P i laughed...