Medical Marijuana...does it exist in Melbourne, other cities or region

se7en2011

Question

As someone who was recently tasked with obtaining Medical, or at least close to MGM, it has become increasingly obvious there is little available beyond overpriced cannabis oil. The cash before quality mindset of current local growers has lead to a situation where trust and confidence are totally absent. Obscure, unnecessary 'strains' are being touted, yet the product is all so similar in its low quality. Where are the crystals? At any one time, there are a few hundred sellers on Craig's List, trying to flog their bush weed.

Is this happening elsewhere in Aussie? Curious to know..

Hi, I feel for you, though you are best to get some seed, do some research and grow some meds all the info is on here

Hi,

Sorry to cut into this discussion, I am new to all this but am at the end of my rope, my wife over doses at least 4 times a year from pain as she cant take it any more, the doctors just want to keep prescribing endone and other shit which she uses to od on, her depression and anxiety don't help either and on top of it all we get told by galligher basett that she has to have a review every 12 months, I try to tell them that the pressure causes her to crash but they don't give a crap I am left to pick up the pieces, I ordered some hemp oil from us but it only reached the border and was sent back the stuff you buy on ebay au is not good either.

Edit within quote

Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.

. I wish I could help more :(

Edited by Ford Fairlane
edit quote

I ordered some hemp oil from us but it only reached the border and was sent back

Looks like new member jjet dropped in, said his piece, then dropped out to care for his misses.

But if you are still reading, jjet, are you saying that USA customs intercepted the hemp oil and sent it back to the seller? Was this high CBD oil from hemp, such as the Charlotte's Web brand?

I'm curious to learn whether you got your money back from the seller, too, and if so, was it an easy process?

Looks like new member jjet dropped in, said his piece, then dropped out to care for his misses.

But if you are still reading, jjet, are you saying that USA customs intercepted the hemp oil and sent it back to the seller? Was this high CBD oil from hemp, such as the Charlotte's Web brand?

I'm curious to learn whether you got your money back from the seller, too, and if so, was it an easy process?

..old thread I know - getting oil in Aus isn't hard, it just costs a ridiculous amount. I bought 5mls, it was delivered, no problem and was extremely nice, YMMV. As for MM, my court pressure is over, long time now, so the grow room has been back in action - Strawberry cough ATM, along with some Critical/OG clones.. Edited by se7en2011
  • Upvote 1

Hey Se7en,

There are many problems getting 'govt approved canna'. For a start there is the Therapeutic Goods Administration(TGA)rules, namely Therapeutic Goods Order No. 93. Then there is the Office of Drug Control(ODC). They have regulations in place to cover cultivators, manufacturers, Importers/exporters and patient access. Presently Australia doesn't have it's own supply, so any 'govt approved canna' has to come from overseas. But any source has to be tested for any and every contaminant known to man.

The govt would like to tell us all that these regulations are for the protection of the citizens. BULLSHIT. These regulations are there to protect their friends in big business, big pharma. They come out with big statements saying that canna is now legally available, if, and only if you can wade your way thru all the red tape they put in the way. But wait, there's more, then there's the cost. Some reports are saying "$350/week" minimum. Then there is individual state regulations, just because the Federal Govt has approved it's use doesn't mean it's legal nor available in each state, ohh hell no. Each state has differing ideas on who can obtain it, who can use it and for which ailments.

You say "...getting oil in Aus isn't hard..." Oil is not difficult to make at home but obtaining TGA and ODC approved cannabis products is damn near impossible.

So 'WOOHOO, the Federal LIBERAL Government have approved medicinal Cannabis' What a crock of shit. They've put more regulation in place to make it even more difficult to obtain legally IMO

Merl1n

• Upvote 3

Yep the cost is outrageous,30,000 a year for me to have CBD meds to control epilepsy seizures for my daughter,who can afford that,not me and certainly not most average middle class people,its a money grabbing scam,all about the dollars and if that's not bad enough I was watching lateline on ABC about about 6/7weeks ago and in the story it was mentioned that somewhere in Canada where they grow medical grade cannabis someone used the wrong fungicide to spray a crop and when that cannabis was heated a chemical reaction occurred and it converted in I'm sure it was cyanide or arsenic one of the two and someone died as result of taking that cannabis and correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Australia importing medical cannabis from Canada, its a fucking joke,now that should makes one think twice before taking any medical cannabis from an unknown source,I couldn't believe what I was hearing and the government have a hide to call it medicine

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

Hey Se7en,There are many problems getting 'govt approved canna'. For a start there is the Therapeutic Goods Administration(TGA)rules, namely Therapeutic Goods Order No. 93. Then there is the Office of Drug Control(ODC). They have regulations in place to cover cultivators, manufacturers, Importers/exporters and patient access. Presently Australia doesn't have it's own supply, so any 'govt approved canna' has to come from overseas. But any source has to be tested for any and every contaminant known to man.The govt would like to tell us all that these regulations are for the protection of the citizens. BULLSHIT. These regulations are there to protect their friends in big business, big pharma. They come out with big statements saying that canna is now legally available, if, and only if you can wade your way thru all the red tape they put in the way. But wait, there's more, then there's the cost. Some reports are saying "$350/week" minimum. Then there is individual state regulations, just because the Federal Govt has approved it's use doesn't mean it's legal nor available in each state, ohh hell no. Each state has differing ideas on who can obtain it, who can use it and for which ailments.You say "...getting oil in Aus isn't hard..." Oil is not difficult to make at home but obtaining TGA and ODC approved cannabis products is damn near impossible.So 'WOOHOO, the Federal LIBERAL Government have approved medicinal Cannabis' What a crock of shit. They've put more regulation in place to make it even more difficult to obtain legally IMOMerl1n

As far as from a legally obtained or obtainable standpoint, you are correct, there is no MM available in Victoria, where I live - the sanctions for being caught cultivating can be huge as well. This is all politics and no heart, cant really add more to what u have said..

Yep the cost is outrageous,30,000 a year for me to have CBD meds to control epilepsy seizures for my daughter,who can afford that,not me and certainly not most average middle class people,its a money grabbing scam,all about the dollars and if that's not bad enough I was watching lateline on ABC about about 6/7weeks ago and in the story it was mentioned that somewhere in Canada where they grow medical grade cannabis someone used the wrong fungicide to spray a crop and when that cannabis was heated a chemical reaction occurred and it converted in I'm sure it was cyanide or arsenic one of the two and someone died as result of taking that cannabis and correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Australia importing medical cannabis from Canada, its a fucking joke,now that should makes one think twice before taking any medical cannabis from an unknown source,I couldn't believe what I was hearing and the government have a hide to call it medicine

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Yep, it does come across as a scam - I know of a certain person/company located on the Central Coast, he charges $100 a ml, am sure u know who I'm talking about. Regards growing, unfortunately people will use anything to shave time off or increase their grams per metre. My sympathies go to your daughter, she shouldn't have to suffer because people want to make a buck...

I grow for my own medicinal needs. I have enough opiates etc here to start my own chemist. They mess with my mind, which is fucked up enough without adding to it. They mess with my insides something terrible. The side effects mean I have to take even more meds to counteract the side effects and then the side effects from those are just as bad. It's all crap it's just the depth that varies,

OR

I grow my own and self medicate. I have in the past mentioned this to the medical fraternity. As soon as you say "self medicate" OHH HELL, So you're a druggie. I've been to an 'Internationally renowned Pain Management Clinic', where others attending have brought up the issue of Canna and we were told "We are only here to talk about government approved treatments" so in other words pharma crap. Fuck'em I'm the one living this crap not them, so how dare they tell me how to manage my pain. If they want my pain I am more than willing to give it to them free of charge, but I'm yet to find any willing takers. I'm laying in a hospital bed clutching my head in agony and I had a nurse tell me "Ohh it can't be that bad" I told her to lay on the floor and I'd boot her in the head. "There is no need to be so offensive" she replied "Then shut your fuckin mouth".

IMO, I have to manage all of this for me, not them. Canna allows me to do this without all the side effects. I know my supply is clean and is quality because I know what goes into it. I did get busted once, but when I proved that it was for my own medical needs, they left me alone. They took my lights and plant, gave me a fine, but left me my stash.

Government approved? This is Merl1n approved, which is even better quality than govt approved lol

• Upvote 4

Similar here, except for the opiates(illegal) - 30 year slave, not anymore..I agree with Merl1n approved, we all really have no choice/s. Been doing indoor(similar reasons to you) where I am since 2003, except for a year not long ago when I had my own court problem. It IS the only way!!!!

As for the medical community - self interest seems their only motto, have no time for GPs opinions or well intentioned inexperienced pen pushers. My wife has severe medical issues and has been fucked around since it started. I don't think I'm very objective there, plus I'm sure you know how it works so I'll say no more.

• Upvote 1