What's some soil to use from Bunnings?

Qaza great to ses you here , 420mag is run by móda that are lying cheating bastards they cheated in that comp mate Then blamed me And grizz.

Do me a huge favour And pm grizz And 777hd tell those boys to join up here so we can all talk .

Ya my only Hope mate haha

All done mate

• Upvote 1

I keep on reading on 420 praises for Doc's Kit "high brix" it has quite a following and does sound good.

Surly a similar product must be available here in Australia! has anyone used or know of Australian High Brix potting medium with all the required trimmings (additives) better still a recipe would be great.  :friends:

Pretty sure Bunnings stocks different soils across the country. In WA no Searles.

In WA they have a "premium organic potting mix" which is alright mixed with some coco and whatever other soil you have laying around.

Try to stay away from the bags containing slow release fertilizer, and remember not to fertilize for first couple months because the soil is already nutrient rich.

Yea I dont mind coco, seed raising soil and perlite mix

I used to buy debco seed raising mix,unbeatable product for my garden 

now that masters hardware is closing down everywhere I can't see it at bunnings.

apparently scotts brand bought out debco and still sells their debco product at mitre10 hardware

I need a seed raising mix with close to zero ferts added

and coco, yea i been using house and garden and canna and nutrifield coco awhile.

perlite I order those 100L bags delivered for $40 odd.

Seriously contemplating buying all the ingredients for a 'Super Soil Mix' this summer, let it sit in a large piece of garden plastic all winter.

Just feed water with molasses almost every feed.

Scotts have a potting mix with organics not minerals , for the plant to choose what it wants rather than force minerals into the root systems possibly causing nutrient lockouts of certain elements.

Pure Organic Premium Potting and Planting Mix - I might try one bag out on a plant or 2 labelled seperately, I'll just add water and molasses.

As for my seed germination mix Scotts offer a seed raising mix called "Osmocote 10L Professional Seed Raising And Cutting Mix" the osmocote part of it is chemical and scares me a little.

Even though it says it has a few months ferts in the mix , it only has enough for seedlings for 6 weeks, so maybe a full sized plant would only have a couple days of ferts in the mix.

I have to be careful as I can't keep buying all these soils that are no good for my setup... Experience with scotts soils is my next plan...

So I might try the brand of soil out now :P

Only because Mitre 10 is about 5 times further to go than bunnings... ROFLCOPTER !

Carn

Yea I dont mind coco, seed raising soil and perlite mix

I used to buy debco seed raising mix,unbeatable product for my garden 

now that masters hardware is closing down everywhere I can't see it at bunnings.

apparently scotts brand bought out debco and still sells their debco product at mitre10 hardware

I need a seed raising mix with close to zero ferts added

and coco, yea i been using house and garden and canna and nutrifield coco awhile.

perlite I order those 100L bags delivered for $40 odd.

Seriously contemplating buying all the ingredients for a 'Super Soil Mix' this summer, let it sit in a large piece of garden plastic all winter.

Just feed water with molasses almost every feed.

Scotts have a potting mix with organics not minerals , for the plant to choose what it wants rather than force minerals into the root systems possibly causing nutrient lockouts of certain elements.

Pure Organic Premium Potting and Planting Mix - I might try one bag out on a plant or 2 labelled seperately, I'll just add water and molasses.

As for my seed germination mix Scotts offer a seed raising mix called "Osmocote 10L Professional Seed Raising And Cutting Mix" the osmocote part of it is chemical and scares me a little.

Even though it says it has a few months ferts in the mix , it only has enough for seedlings for 6 weeks, so maybe a full sized plant would only have a couple days of ferts in the mix.

I have to be careful as I can't keep buying all these soils that are no good for my setup... Experience with scotts soils is my next plan...

So I might try the brand of soil out now :P

Only because Mitre 10 is about 5 times further to go than bunnings... ROFLCOPTER !

Carn

If you don't want to go through all the hard work of mixing up the soil and composting it for months you could go through Organic Gardening Solutions and buy their super soil mix for I think $130 delivered. Should make up about 75L once all mixed. But of course you'd get a lot more if you mixed it up yourself for maybe a bit cheaper liter for liter.