Alcohol is 114 times more deadly than marijuana.

Yer I get the vibe though everyone has a right to their opinion. Looks like butane could be a great drug to try according to your professor NUTT

Sure man I believe that LSDAddiction.us has the right to their opinion on LSD abuse and such but their opinion is just that. An opinion and it doesn't have to be respected in terms of academic integrity nor do I believe they should hold the right to profess they have the right info. I can have the opinion cats can fly. Can they? No, and seeing as it's an opinion it doesn't have to have any backing to it.

This isn't a graph on drugs ranked by how great they are and a closer look to butane would reveal it has a large drug-specific mortality rate so not that great. 

r

Sure man I believe that LSDAddiction.us has the right to their opinion on LSD abuse and such but their opinion is just that. An opinion and it doesn't have to be respected in terms of academic integrity nor do I believe they should hold the right to profess they have the right info. I can have the opinion cats can fly. Can they? No, and seeing as it's an opinion it doesn't have to have any backing to it.

This isn't a graph on drugs ranked by how great they are and a closer look to butane would reveal it has a large drug-specific mortality rate so not that great. 

read what I said your taking me out of context. I said overall harm score. Anyway the topic is alcohol and I believe its a cunt of a drug. Peace

• Upvote 1

I won't claim to be an expert on LSD, as I stopped researching it fairly early.  But the reason I stopped researching LSD is the same one that makes it dangerous and stupid for people to go around cherry picking isolated facts and making statements like "LSD is safer than cannabis".  On the specific thing you refer to that may well be true, but in the real world 1 tab out of an otherwise perfectly good sheet can, and has, fucked peoples brains permanently.  Whether this is down to personal reactions, isolated concentrations, or other things added during processing, I do not know, but saying LSD is the safest drug out there is dangerous and could lead to some people making decisions they otherwise wouldn't, so try to be more responsible about what you say, a lot of people have ended up permanently fucked up by it.

As for alcohol, I personally thought it was a lot more dangerous than that compared to canna.  Apart from being physically adictive, and all the social harm it is involved in, it is a highly toxic poison.  Can't remember the exact figures so don't quote me, but alcohol is something like 10-15 times the intoxicating amount can kill you, whereas THC is something like 40,000 times, and let's face it, your lungs will collapse or you'll fully green out way before you get through 40,000 cones :bonghit:  And seriously, don't quote me on those figures that I couldn't be arsed checking on.

:peace:

I won't claim to be an expert on LSD, as I stopped researching it fairly early.  But the reason I stopped researching LSD is the same one that makes it dangerous and stupid for people to go around cherry picking isolated facts and making statements like "LSD is safer than cannabis".  On the specific thing you refer to that may well be true, but in the real world 1 tab out of an otherwise perfectly good sheet can, and has, fucked peoples brains permanently.  Whether this is down to personal reactions, isolated concentrations, or other things added during processing, I do not know, but saying LSD is the safest drug out there is dangerous and could lead to some people making decisions they otherwise wouldn't, so try to be more responsible about what you say, a lot of people have ended up permanently fucked up by it.

As for alcohol, I personally thought it was a lot more dangerous than that compared to canna.  Apart from being physically adictive, and all the social harm it is involved in, it is a highly toxic poison.  Can't remember the exact figures so don't quote me, but alcohol is something like 10-15 times the intoxicating amount can kill you, whereas THC is something like 40,000 times, and let's face it, your lungs will collapse or you'll fully green out way before you get through 40,000 cones :bonghit:  And seriously, don't quote me on those figures that I couldn't be arsed checking on.

:peace:

Okay let me prefix this by saying I have read a wide and varied amount of research on LSD but in acknowledging this I must say I am by no means an expert on the matter and don't profess to be one. When talking about drugs we should always be aware of the impression we could leave on someone with misleading information (Which is one of many reasons I dislikes the governments anti-drug ads). You mention that one tab out of a sheet may be the one that fucks someone up. I wouldn't say it is that one tab though. I'd say it has more to do with the set and setting the person finds themselves in and I should stress the importance of this age old mantra of set and setting when it comes to psychedelic usage. Set and setting goes further than just the physical set and setting because you should know the workings of your mental state going into it and if your mental set and setting is not in a place you like I would not recommend any psychedelic usage without proper guidance from a professional (I'm talking doctor level qualification).

When I was talking about LSD being safe I should have also mentioned more prominently that I was talking about the physical side of it. 

To your point about alcohol, the BAC where you're likelihood of dying due to respiratory arrest is around .4% BAC. Your point about the LD50 of cannabis though raises the points you said to me in regards to responsible usage. Just because you can doesn't mean you should smoke in excess and responsible usage should be adhered to with all drug usage. Xanax is a drug where the chance of dying from it (Meaning dying from just Xanax usage) is one similar to cannabis where it would take a lot. We're talking a lot of Xanax. But is this a measure of it being a safe drug? Answer is no because it can kill you from withdrawals and interaction with other certain drugs.

We

Okay let me prefix this by saying I have read a wide and varied amount of research on LSD but in acknowledging this I must say I am by no means an expert on the matter and don't profess to be one. When talking about drugs we should always be aware of the impression we could leave on someone with misleading information (Which is one of many reasons I dislikes the governments anti-drug ads). You mention that one tab out of a sheet may be the one that fucks someone up. I wouldn't say it is that one tab though. I'd say it has more to do with the set and setting the person finds themselves in and I should stress the importance of this age old mantra of set and setting when it comes to psychedelic usage. Set and setting goes further than just the physical set and setting because you should know the workings of your mental state going into it and if your mental set and setting is not in a place you like I would not recommend any psychedelic usage without proper guidance from a professional (I'm talking doctor level qualification).

When I was talking about LSD being safe I should have also mentioned more prominently that I was talking about the physical side of it. 

To your point about alcohol, the BAC where you're likelihood of dying due to respiratory arrest is around .4% BAC. Your point about the LD50 of cannabis though raises the points you said to me in regards to responsible usage. Just because you can doesn't mean you should smoke in excess and responsible usage should be adhered to with all drug usage. Xanax is a drug where the chance of dying from it (Meaning dying from just Xanax usage) is one similar to cannabis where it would take a lot. We're talking a lot of Xanax. But is this a measure of it being a safe drug? Answer is no because it can kill you from withdrawals and interaction with other certain drugs.

The thought of tripping in the presents of a doctor ,would seems weird ,

Better to have friends ,people you can trust ,at least for your first one or few trips till you know you can handle what's coming,

No need for a doctor when a friend can remind you that it's the acid is what's doing all this weird shit.

Guidance from a professional ? No that's not going to make a good trip , or to my mind it wouldn't be a natural trip ,so to speak.

As far as one tab out of a sheet fucking someone up, Or whether it's the setting .

Both kinda right ,by a sheet I think SPH was referring to the blotting paper trips where part of the paper became too impregnated

And if you did have a much stronger trip than expected , your setting and the company you have would certainly help althogh that really

depends on how well your mind can handle tripping

If you really want to know what LSD is about you need to talk to people who had it many times not some guy who had some shit that he reckons is acid

There was a lot of stuff being called acid - LSD after the seventies that was not the real thing .and now days I I'm not interested but good acid must still be obtainable Guessing

I've seen friends 2 of that went nutty and stayed that way after too much acid, well I and others put it down to too much acid .

So setting and experience are not nessecary factors in stopping someone going off the rails

Crazy subject. Crazy drug

Blah blah blah. I gotta go cheers SE

We

The thought of tripping in the presents of a doctor ,would seems weird ,

Better to have friends ,people you can trust ,at least for your first one or few trips till you know you can handle what's coming,

No need for a doctor when a friend can remind you that it's the acid is what's doing all this weird shit.

Guidance from a professional ? No that's not going to make a good trip , or to my mind it wouldn't be a natural trip ,so to speak.

As far as one tab out of a sheet fucking someone up, Or whether it's the setting .

Both kinda right ,by a sheet I think SPH was referring to the blotting paper trips where part of the paper became too impregnated

And if you did have a much stronger trip than expected , your setting and the company you have would certainly help althogh that really

depends on how well your mind can handle tripping

If you really want to know what LSD is about you need to talk to people who had it many times not some guy who had some shit that he reckons is acid

There was a lot of stuff being called acid - LSD after the seventies that was not the real thing .and now days I I'm not interested but good acid must still be obtainable Guessing

I've seen friends 2 of that went nutty and stayed that way after too much acid, well I and others put it down to too much acid .

So setting and experience are not nessecary factors in stopping someone going off the rails

Crazy subject. Crazy drug

Blah blah blah. I gotta go cheers SE

Valid points. Once again I'm finding I need to classify what I say more. Makes sense in my head and others don't pick it up haha. By doctor level professionalism not necessarily a doctor. But someone who is professional with it to the extent they can help guide if need be. 

I guess in the end just stick within responsible limits and try best to minimize presentable harms to best of ability and have fun.