Your input is needed for Australian Cannabis research!

Most Cannabis research is based around the notion that any use is problematic use and estimates suggest that around 10% of people who ever consume Cannabis will become dependent. However, this research aims to explore how and why some users become dependent, but also what factors help prevent the non-dependent users from developing dependence. How much you use and how often you use it does not necessarily indicate disorder. You can use a lot, and frequently without meeting the criteria for a dependence. Even if you have never used cannabis, or use other drugs, or don't use any illicit drug your feedback is useful. If you over 18 years old, all you need to do is follow the link and complete a short survey. Its all completely anonymous of course and will simply ask you some questions about your usage habits (or lack there of). To participate, please click here:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CannabisConstraints 

Participation is voluntary and involves completing an anonymous online questionnaire, which will take you about 20 minutes. I am collecting this data for the research component of my Honours degree in Psychology which I am doing through Federation University Australia. If you would like to participate or would like more information about the study, please click on the link below and follow the prompts. Alternatively, you can contact me, Thomas O’Halloran at 
thomasohalloran@students.federation.edu.au or my supervisor, Dr. Liz Temple, via e.temple@federation.edu.au
Thank you for considering this research.

• Upvote 1

You said it yourself "most research is based around the notion that any use is problematic use". I'm not doin the survey but I bet the questions are worded in a way to make canna use out to be some sort of problem that needs to be solved. People enjoy it, it has no negative effects and endless positive effects and uses. Study tea drinkers or something. I bet you take a whole different approach.
  • Upvote 4

Eventually had a little look, but stopped early.  This is the problem with studies and surveys etc, it's easy to prepare them in a manner which gets the answer wanted by whoever commissions it.  That's why governments love using them in any of their many forms to justify what they want to do, or not do, plebiscite on gay marriage anyone :twiddle:

• Upvote 6

No there already too much bullshit research out there on Cannabis, and the more studies the more 'dangerous, addictive, psychotic ' Cannabis becomes, well unless you are a Pharmacutecal corporation then you screw around with Cannabis as much as you like

why dont you research why the bloody hell Cannabis is illegal and why so many pple locked in prison for daring to grow/use the God-given plant !

then you might get some participation

X. Cannabis is about as dependant as ice-cream or chocolate, e.g.  cannabis tastes nice and makes ya feel good too, just like ice-cream

Edited by Frazz
  • Upvote 7

I started to complete your survey BUT I totally disagree with the wording of your questions as they are all written on the pretext that my canna use is a problem and this is very false.Personally I use canna as a medication and for me its is a solution to a problem not the cause. It's the pharmaceutical concoctions that I have been prescribed by medical professionals that have caused major problems. By using the pretext of canna being a problem, you are not going to obtain any relevant statistical data from the members here.

To obtain answers to the questions you have put forward I would suggest you contact the very conservative NCPIC organisation, all of their data is very much slanted in the same negative tone as your questions, as they too see all canna use as problematic, again very false.

"Your input is needed..." No it's not, seems you have already made your conclusions, without any participants statistical data.

I now have a question for you. "And which government department is it that you work for??"

Edited by merl1n
  • Upvote 3