Revegging a pollinated female

Hello all, just wondered if I could get a bit of advice.

I had some smaller seedlings and some flowering plants all in the same greenhouse when I ended up in the hospital. Due to stress by neglect one of the flowering girls went hermie and pollinated everything. This triggered something I'd never seen before, tiny little seedlings going immediately into pre-flowers and seed pods. At least I assume this is what triggered it, these are all bagseed so variations could be at fault too. I've just never seen such tiny little plants flower.

Anyway, this is one of the girls that was pollinated and I know (specifically this late in the year) that it isn't likely to create much more than seeds at this point because it's gone into genetic survival mode and prioritized the breeding cycle, so I've made a decision to try and reveg her and start again. I don't do grow-lights, I just put her under fluorescent's just before the sun goes down for a few hours then back in the greenhouse for morning sun. I have no doubt that this method will stress her more, particularly when I space-out and don't get her inside before sundown, but I can't throw her out and letting her flower would be just as wasteful. I've never revegged a plant before but I understand the concept and researched it a bit, I just have a few questions that I was hoping someone with first-hand experience might be able to help me with:

• Will the seeds continue to mature while she is shifting her routine?
  • Should I prune the flowering heads to encourage her energy into producing leaves or would that just add stress to an already stressed plant?
  • Should I Seasol the shit out of her?​

​I've perused the forums looking for info but I haven't found any publications in regards to revegging a pollinated plant so I finally decided to tell my story.
Thank you for reading and thanks in advance for any advice.

post-12879-0-55249300-1468547427_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kataclismic

Hi kata,curious questions ,I hope someone here has this experienced this cos I'd like to know too.

But if I can make a suggestion ,I'd bend the plant over and keep it under the flourescent lite you have,at least you won't have to worry about not being there to move it,.i would guess it will reveg , Then whack it out in the green house with a light and timer .you could have the light on in he morning instead of night .( less noticeable to neighbours that sleep in) You'll probably end up with a BIG plant by the time she goes back to head.good luck mate.

I have revegged a non-pollinated female and it turned out so freakish I ended up chopping her. So a plant with seeds I would assume would be worse stress and still has chance to herm if it does survive. Now on a positive note, you said that it was pollinated from a herm while you were in hospital. If that is the case I would finish her out and collect the seeds, and start from scratch. The seeds you collect will be dominant female and less messing around sexing her.

Actually after thinking about it, whether it was pollinated by herm or not, I would still just start from scratch with the harvested seeds. By the time you reveg and get the plant re-established, You could have already harvested your seeds, planted and have them sprouting.

Actually after thinking about it, whether it was pollinated by herm or not, I would still just start from scratch with the harvested seeds. By the time you reveg and get the plant re-established, You could have already harvested your seeds, planted and have them sprouting.

I might have mentioned that I already harvested seeds from the original hermie and three others that were smaller than this one, not to mention the next group that are just starting to flower. So she isn't a priority in the slightest, just a pet-project. I'm a little behind due to the fact of harvesting nothing but seed this last time but I'm not fretting over it, the idea of feminized seeds keeps me smiling. :wub: Thank you for the advice and if I had nothing else going I would just let her go and collect the seeds like you said. :twiddle:  

Edited by Kataclismic

I have revegged a non-pollinated female and it turned out so freakish I ended up chopping her. So a plant with seeds I would assume would be worse stress and still has chance to herm if it does survive. Now on a positive note, you said that it was pollinated from a herm while you were in hospital. If that is the case I would finish her out and collect the seeds, and start from scratch. The seeds you collect will be dominant female and less messing around sexing her.   Actually after thinking about it, whether it was pollinated by herm or not, I would still just start from scratch with the harvested seeds. By the time you reveg and get the plant re-established, You could have already harvested your seeds, planted and have them sprouting.

All reveged plants are freakish to begin with and outgrow the 'freakyness' (is that even a word) though it just takes time/patience...... even growing single leaves to begin with before it begins full vegetative growth...

"If a seed pops up and is naturally a hermie and it pollinates, then those seeds will be hermie dominant. If it is a female plant that has under gone some stress to cause it to hermie then it will produce feminized seeds. " - this is simply not true.

Edited by _Puff_Tough_

"If a seed pops up and is naturally a hermie and it pollinates, then those seeds will be hermie dominant. If it is a female plant that has under gone some stress to cause it to hermie then it will produce feminized seeds. " - this is simply not true.

please provide reference for validation if your going to argue or condradict,..... as every every place, forum, book ,article I have come across has mentioned exactly what I have said.

'True hermies' are rarely a genotypic expression in the cannabis family..... they could be prone to similiar sensitivities sure but theyre not all going to be 'true hermies'. More likely they will be feminised with similiar sensitivities to the parents. Plants will generally hermie under what is called in plant biology 'environmental pressures' that the cultivar is not apt to deal with ..... when you are selfing or creating feminised beans you are causing hermaphroditic tendencies to be expressed, are feminised seeds all hermies ? if feminised seeds are all hermies then what you are suggesting is true.... you are WRONGGGGG. lol sorry to shit stir with that statement - i couldnt help myself :D

Now .... for instance - You have a grow environment that sits at 40degrees with lights on ...... they hermie .... you then plant them in the same less than favourable environmental conditions and they hermie .... and then some dumb prick thinks its just cause they had the hermie traits passed to them .... - WRONG.... nuff said.

Edited by _Puff_Tough_