Is this a magnesium deficiency ?

Thanks hermananian and Sir PsychoHashy.. I have already spent heaps and have another bag of this stuff so I would prefer to stick with it.. But thanks for the info I will add more perlite next time and will cut back on the strength of nutes  ;)

Canna Terra states that you should be around the 5.8 - 6.2 Ph in this soil as it's classed as a soilless mix.. from what i have seen compare with normal soil it pretty much run completely through and only holds what the soil grabbed, nothing sits in pools of water so there is no suffocation to the roots.. I was thinking to start watering everyday with extra perlite.

P.S. most of the time the EC has been heaps lower just went up according to the feeding schedule. 

Also I have been checking to see if the root ball is evenly spreading around the side of the pots so I can make sure it's being watered correctly ( was a little under watered - root mass was more at the bottom ).

What's a tablespoon? 15 ml or so?   45ml/9L might be a bit too much.  I have used molasses @ 15ml/4L and it may be combining in effect concurrently with a low ph (I would aim for 6.3-6.7 like SPH mentioned) and maybe see how she goes with a weaker nutrient dilute?  I am only new to the soil thing but yeah, sounds like a little heavy on the molasses , ph and nutes.  Just fine tuning man.  You're gonna love it when you smoke/vape/eat your own meds :D

Hope this made some sense and all good things for the rest of your grow.

Faith :sun:

Thanks for that, I was definitely going to hard with the molasses.. :) I will drop back the rate and see how that goes.. 

What is the ph of your medium ? Not the nutrient solution. 2100 ppm is too much at this point in bloom. How often are you feeding them nutrients and im guessing you never read the instructions on the bottle.

Come on Puff.. Of course I read them its 1:200 I started light and progressively work my way up to the full strength... I have checked soil levels by running a small amount of water until I get some run off then test it for EC and PH both are spot on for what goes in ie.. 2000 and 5.9 respectively. So does that rule out nute lock out, they have had 3 feeds at 2100 already so if they weren't uptaking the EC would be up by now..

Edited by The Jackel

So as a follow up I have set the PH to sit at 6.3 give or take.. I flushed the pots with PH'd water (Calibrated the meter again) until their EC values read under 700. 

these girls are still loosing colour on the little leaves now that surround the bud.. how bad would it shock them if I washed out all the old soil mixed up a new batch with perlite and clay balls mixed in? 

I have been foliar feeding them very lightly to try and give something to help speed up recovery from the nute burn and lockout I caused. Since the roots stopped drinking my small gnat population has exploded and I had to give some chilli water ( I could see the larvae flicking around on top )  and detergent to kill the little suckers.. the soil has been wet for about a week now and from flushing and then chilli water pretty much has not been drinking from what I can tell.. I really don't want to loose these ladies.

Are you flushing before checking Ph? At the start it sounds like you ph the tap water,is that after or before you put the nutes in? You gotta fix that gnat problem too .you mention checking out the roots,do they stink?

The pics look not as bad is it sounds anyway ,a bit of nute burn .

Edited by Serrated edge

Just a heads up for anyone if they having the same issue as me and are looking for solutions.. I didn't wash out the root ball but instead because it was white and nice I just added some clay balls for better drainage. and Im going to wait until tomorrow before giving a feed of either seasol or epsom salts or light nutes not really sure at this point. 

Are you flushing before checking Ph? At the start it sounds like you ph the tap water,is that after or before you put the nutes in? You gotta fix that gnat problem too .you mention checking out the roots,do they stink?
The pics look not as bad is it sounds anyway ,a bit of nute burn .

Thanks for the reply, I have been PH'ing the tap water the whole time canna terra site says to use 5.8 - 6.2 the other here said it's probably a problem and to flush.. which I did and kept flushing until the PH and EC meters were reading what I was putting in - PH 6.3 and tap water - EC 400. I always check the ph after the nutes and EC too.. :) 

No smell and they are white. I guess I am just concerned that the new growth is still showing signs on burn but the soil EC is between 400 - 600 and has been for a few days now.

Is it possible that some other deficiency could be causing the " burn " or am I just panicking? I keep seeing mag def.. on heaps of the leaves but I don't want to give it more nutes until the new growth is not burnt. whats your opinion on what to feed when the pot is a little lighter? 

Cheers
The Jackel

Edited by The Jackel

Some strains like strong nutes some don't ,I've just had to drop to 60% nutes with critical ,and still monoriting them -I don't use an ec meter ,probably should get one though. I've always read tip burn as nute burn ,if other reasons cause it ,it'd be new to me ,but who knows? Just try them on half strength for a few feeds and see how they go .dont worry too much.

Oh

I've just had to drop to 60% nutes with critical and still monitoring them

really wow thats a big cut back.. you think it will need more? 

Vigorous you are the man... I'll drop it right back to say 1/4 first time again.. and pay attention this time... I did read less is more, but seem to have gotten a little over generous thinking that more is more, despite the numerous times I have read it's not.. ( rookie  error ).. 

Thanks heaps for the advice.. I'll post up some pic's soon for anyone who is interested in seeing how they progress.. :) 

Oh

really wow thats a big cut back.. you think it will need more? 

Vigorous you are the man... I'll drop it right back to say 1/4 first time again.. and pay attention this time... I did read less is more, but seem to have gotten a little over generous thinking that more is more, despite the numerous times I have read it's not.. ( rookie  error ).. 

Thanks heaps for the advice.. I'll post up some pic's soon for anyone who is interested in seeing how they progress.. :)

I'd keep an eye on them if the burn stops,you can try upping the strength,but do it gradually and watch and read the plants reaction,by the way my names not vigorous.

Indoor/Outdoor: Indoor

Growing Medium:  canna terra professional Soilless mix

Growing Style: Topping / SuperCropping?? ( Bent branches until they would crack causing them to lay on their sides and form a knuckle )

Watering/Feeding Frequency: when pot is about 50% of it's wet weight

Nutrient Strength (PPM/EC): canna terra flores, Seasol, rhyzotonic, cannazym and molasses -  EC = 2100 atm using canna nutes schedule..

PH Levels: 5.8-6.0

Temperature/Humidity Levels: Night 18deg C, Day 26 deg C

Air Flow/Fans etc. fan for circulation and a fan for venting both  24/7

Lighting Type (CFL/HPS/MH etc.): HPS / LED

Total Wattage: HPS - 400W / LED - 300W

Growth Stage: FLOWER - DAY 15 ( from first sign of flower)

Plants Age: 4 months ( I stuffed up in veg so I let it grow until it was big enough to turn )

Cannabis Strain: Bag Seeds

***Update I just added this to give the basic trace elements I wasn't sure about which deficiency it has so this should cover them all and then some.. I hope. ****

This is my first grow and I can't wait to smoke some of my own home grown bud..  :yahoo:, Im wondering if this is a magnesium def? And does epsom salt cure this?  I have noticed that the ends of most of my leaves are burnt.. I have been careful not to give high levels of the nutes but it seems to still have some burning on the tips of the leaves.. I have also stressed the hell out of these plants when they were in veg by staving them of fresh air so I don't expect to get great results just to learn so my seed bank seeds don't suffer the same fate.. :)

So I have been following the canna schedule for nutes and feeding and use the  " feed - feed - water "  I always ph the TAP water to 5.8-6.0 and just got a EC pen so I could add molasses with out going above the recommended levels.. about 2 weeks ago I started to add Organic unsulphured molasses at a rate of around 3 tablespoons per 8-9L.

I didn't notice any issues so I kept feeding the with every water and one feed. 

Any advice for my setup or nutes or what ever please let me know.. :)

PS what are the thoughts on canna terra professional soil.. It seems to be good but not what you should get for the $$ Im thinking about going to a hydro either bubble or flood and drain in buckets. Any one going to try convince me otherwise? I added 10%-15% extra perlite to the soil I put an amnesia auto in.. it's still doesn't drain fast enough but much better..

attachicon.gifIMG_2049.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_2050.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_2051.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_2052.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_2053.jpg

I do all my inside stuff with Canna Terra Pro and Canna terra nutes. I always add extra perlite as I recon they don't have enough in the mix. I keep my water ph level at close to 6.8 as much as I can. I have never owned an ec meter. But 6.5 to 7.0 ph is usual for any soil mix. And CT Pro does have some soil in it. I only ever use half nutes three or four times a week then use straight PH adjusted water. Then back to the half nutes. When I finally pot up to the last pot I am using half nutes for a few days then straight water again and then full nutes until I go over to flower. Never had any real problems except when I tried some autos and they are very nute sensitive imo. less was certainly less for them. They needed heaps of nitrogen. Your ph is way to low for CTpro grow. No matter what is written on their bottle's. Even other soil mediums require a ph of 6.5 to 7.

• Upvote 1