Just Started My First grow :)

Hey all,

I have just planted my first germinated seed in the ground outside (Autoflower BTW).

Heres some facts:

Indoor/Outdoor: Outdoor

Strain: Cash Crop auto by cream of the crop

Indica/Sativa: Hybrid (~80% Indica 20% Sativa)

THC/CBD: THC 22% (Hopefully) CBD unknown

Auto flowering: Yes

Feminised: Yes

Lights: The sun :)

Grow medium: Soil

Nutes: None (Just occasional brown sugar & water feed)

Seedbank: Bonza Seeds

Thank You and if you have any feedback or have ever grown autos in winter let me know.

-Joshua

Edited by H4CK

whats with the brown sugar 

are simulating using molasses

You can use brown sugar just try looking for the least processed

one of those would be Rapadura sugar , which you can find under other names 

but although rapadura is the least refined it is also the least consistent , meaning

one batch might not be the same as the next batch , still good just not exactly the same 

personally 99% of the time i would choose the least refined & live with consistency , my 2c

Yeah, I've successfully grown autos indoors in winter, but what I haven't done is grow them outdoors in winter, and I wouldn't even think about it unless I was living up in the tropics.

If it's only just germinated, and it's an option, get it under some proper grow lights for 18hrs a day, otherwise it simply won't perform.  If it's not an option, at the very least make absolutely sure it's protected from frost and gets as much sun as possible.

For outdoors with autos don't even think about starting until mid Spring at the earliest, and germinate no later than the end of January.

• Upvote 1

It may survive, but it certainly will not thrive at this time of year. Even non-autos will flower far too early - because of the percentage of sunlight and darkness they receive. The result will most likely be a very small stunted plant. You might yield 20 grams .... if you are lucky  :greedy:

I put two outdoor white widow auto in on the 26 march 2016 and they has done really well. We are in an area that gets down to 0 or lower. We have been down to 2,3 already. But with a bit of precaution, Mine have done very well. Probably not as it would have done in spring and summer. I put my plants on a trolley which allowed me to move them around to get the best sunlight of the day. I also have a  closed in area which I heat overnight for those really cold nights. They have been in for 72 days and I think will be ready in about 2 weeks.

post-58442-0-61879600-1465128805_thumb.jpg

post-58442-0-09639100-1465128809_thumb.jpg

post-58442-0-80725200-1465128811_thumb.jpg

post-58442-0-36700900-1465128815_thumb.jpg

post-58442-0-44263800-1465128818_thumb.jpg

Edited by QLDPOTHEAD

I put two outdoor white widow auto in on the 26 march 2016 and they has done really well. We are in an area that gets down to 0 or lower. We have been down to 2,3 already. But with a bit of precaution, Mine have done very well. Probably not as it would have done in spring and summer. I put my plants on a trolley which allowed me to move them around to get the best sunlight of the day. I also have a  closed in area which I heat overnight for those really cold nights. They have been in for 72 days and I think will be ready in about 2 weeks.

WOW!!! Very interesting man! I have never seen plants that solid growing in those types of conditions!!  :good:  :good:  :good:

I didn't know how they would go, I got impatient and planted them coming into winter. I think that I have a place to protect them from the harsh cold weather and can move them around to get the best sun of the day. So impressed with my first grow ever.  I have attached some pics of the room I built out of some steel and bubble wrap. It is heated for those very cold nights....

post-58442-0-23076700-1466832939_thumb.jpg

post-58442-0-57716300-1466832942_thumb.jpg

post-58442-0-18403500-1466832946_thumb.jpg

Just a quick update.

A few weeks ago the plant broke free out of the ground and a few days later when she got her first set of true leaves :egyptdance:. I checked on her in the morning (she was fine) then when I got home in the afternoon it was gone  :unknw:

I am guessing it was the next door neighbours cat (might have been another small animal) has eaten/dug it up, OR someone has wondered onto my property and taken it :( , I guess thats what I get for not protecting a seedling outdoors  :doh:

So no grow this winter, but I will try again over summer

-Joshua