Can we stop payments to non serving politicians

I know this is not about weed but the reason we have such prohibition is because we have given our politicians too much power.. Please sign this and tell all your friends also. Otherwise its just going to get worse. They will never change unless we make them.

https://www.change.org/p/house-of-representatives-stop-payments-for-non-currently-serving-politicians?recruiter=416608574&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_facebook_responsive&utm_term=des-md-petition_update-custom_msg&recuruit_context=fb_share_mention_variant&fb_ref=Default#delivered-to

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Its an absolute joke.. I don't even want to vote and wouldn't be if they didn't force me to by automatically enrolling me without my permission.. I have tried to find out how to get away with not voting but its very difficult..  I don't agree with either party, they both have the same policies i disagree with and it has been proven now over the last decade that they cant be trusted.  We have had 5 prime misters in 9 years 100's of billions of dollars lost and they force us to vote for the same motherfuckers. Why should it not be my right to abstain from voting if i totally disagree with the only options i am given. their policies and their principles.

It may be too late. We have given away too much power, to the point where they are untouchable.  The above petition has only 180k votes in 9 months. WTF?  Seriously, i think some very rich backer needs to get on to this and start a media campaign with adds and spots on the news telling people to sign on to these petitions.. If you could get $1 from everyone who has signed, it would probably pay for a TV commercial. That's the kindof thing it needs to get real momentum.   Bring them assholes back down to size.

Edited by Stiritup420

The problem is though that all parties have to agree to removing the "entitlements" from the constitution and my sceptical/cynical self says it will never happen. I did sign and whole heartedly agree with the petition. At the minimum they should not be able to get anything until they all turn the retirement age, so that should be 70 if the scumbags get relected. Or 65 now.

We get the dole or aged pension, and so should they.

Who else do you know that gets paid when they have stopped working.

And they say "...the age of entitlement is over..." in their speeches.

Great, let's do that. Stop THEIR entitlements. That would help the deficit.

• Upvote 1