Hi everyone,

I'm looking at buying some White Widow seeds online for growing indoors. I want to be able to produce 500 grams - yes, I know, ambitious. It's for Rick Simpson Oil.

This website talks about yield in terms of light wattage:

http://www.theweedblog.com/how-much-marijuana-does-a-marijuana-plant-yield/

But how many seeds do I need? Is a pack of 4 seeds enough? Here is the stuff I want to buy:

http://www.herbiesheadshop.com/female-white-widow-x-big-bud-feminised-seeds-2376

Thanks,

GoodStuff

A quick look into this stain  http://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/X-Line_White_Widow_x_Big_Bud/Female_Seeds/   Best if you translate this !!

I think there are better strains out there !!!  four seeds is enough, if you veg them for long enough and if the strain is consistent.  Otherwise choose a mother, the best one of the four of course and take clones. Root clones, grow under metal halide for three weeks and then under HPS for 8 weeks and you might hit your target. Though practice helps. )))

Edited by hermananian
  • Upvote 1

Yes and no, too many variables to growing methods etc.  But in theory, with a 3 week veg under good strong lights with enough space for the plants to spread and grow, a lb plus is attainable. 

Before you commit to it though, I would encourage you to spend some time looking through completed grow journals on the site to get an idea of what growing methods suit you, how to do them, what you need to do them, and what sort of results you can realistically expect.

I would also encourage you to get 2 or 3 different strains, and more seeds than you need.  Partly to help finding a strain that works best for your needs, but also to cover in the event of getting dud seeds, and/or stuff ups on your part.

White Widow is a decent strain, as is Big Bud, with the added bonus of both generally being low stretch.

• Upvote 1

Yes and no, too many variables to growing methods etc.  But in theory, with a 3 week veg under good strong lights with enough space for the plants to spread and grow, a lb plus is attainable. 

Before you commit to it though, I would encourage you to spend some time looking through completed grow journals on the site to get an idea of what growing methods suit you, how to do them, what you need to do them, and what sort of results you can realistically expect.

I would also encourage you to get 2 or 3 different strains, and more seeds than you need.  Partly to help finding a strain that works best for your needs, but also to cover in the event of getting dud seeds, and/or stuff ups on your part.

White Widow is a decent strain, as is Big Bud, with the added bonus of both generally being low stretch.

Hi sir, I agree a few different strains will help, I just dont agree with big bud, its a crap strain at least for me, and also has a tendency to mold especially for a noob. I reckon sensi superskunk is a good starting strain, consistency, potency and yield that suits. Maybe others could suggest some more strains. 

'Tis true I suppose, I've only grown Big Bud crossed with Cinderella 99, and it is very dense bud, lost a little to mould on an outside grow, but no more than normal, but I have to remember that my dry climate is different to the coast so I can get away with it.  Buzz and potency is good though.

My understanding is Super Skunk's fairly dense as well.

Like Sir PH pointed out - get different strains to increase your chances of finding something perfect for you

if possible, you want to find something that has cbd in it too (the CBD number will be less than 0.05%)

you want to think about things like terpenes (smells/flavours) 

The terpene Myrcene affects you one way, and Limonene another (there are others terpenes)

My fave is Limonene (citrus smelling) it inhibits tumor growth, and is good for anxiety/focus too

find the the terpenes that have the effects you want and then find the strains that contains the terpenes you want

once you have your list you can cull it to even further to best personalize your meds/grow

LUCK

Edited by Matanuska Thunder
  • Upvote 2