THC levels Australian V imports

Hi everyone,

Ive been doing a little research on strains and THC levels, it seems that the general consensus is that strains from Australia are among the highest in THC content in the world, I think I read somewhere up to and over 40% THC. Ive been trying a few of the higher potency strains from other countries i.e Girls scout cookies, OG Kush, Kosher kush White widow, NYC diesel, bio-diesel, Blue Amnesia, AK-47, Agent Orange etc, just to name a few. Anyhow these strains from overseas get me substantially more fucked up than anything ive ever had from our Aussie strains (which never seem to have a name). Anyhow my question is- Am I just getting shitty local Aussie bud for the last 10+ years or are these claims of 40+% THC false?  Because ill take girls scout cookies, bio-diesel and AK-47 over anything ive had in australia.

Don't buy into cannabinoid percentages as a sales point.  Not only is the lab result cherry picked due to pheno hunting the best plant it's the whole combination of cannabinoids, terpenes, etc. that give us the effects we feel.  If you must consider thc percentages think of thc as bringing the raw power while everything else brings the quality and remember that to breed such dominance that the higher the thc percentage goes the lower the other cannabinoids have to go too.  The higher the thc the more generic the high becomes and there's no escaping it so I'd focus more on tastes, smells, type of high, flowering times, etc. and pick what sounds the most appealing over a strain that will munt me the fastest.

• Upvote 2

Don't know where you heard those claims? I don't know of any 40% thc strains. You sure it wasn't that thc was up 40% compared to 20 years ago or something like that?

http://www.hightimes.com/read/2015-high-times-us-cannabis-cup-denver-highest-thc-strains

http://www.truthonpot.com/2013/07/31/40-thc-australians-are-growing-the-strongest-pot-in-the-world/

http://thechillbud.com/20-cannabis-strains-high-in-thc/

40% is BS

20-25% maybe

not saying its fact just saying thats the info that is out there. just wondering whether accurate or not, guessing not, however cant argue with some scientific results of 30% +.

Don't buy into cannabinoid percentages as a sales point.  Not only is the lab result cherry picked due to pheno hunting the best plant it's the whole combination of cannabinoids, terpenes, etc. that give us the effects we feel.  If you must consider thc percentages think of thc as bringing the raw power while everything else brings the quality and remember that to breed such dominance that the higher the thc percentage goes the lower the other cannabinoids have to go too.  The higher the thc the more generic the high becomes and there's no escaping it so I'd focus more on tastes, smells, type of high, flowering times, etc. and pick what sounds the most appealing over a strain that will munt me the fastest.

Im definately not looking at it from sales point im just on the hunt for the ultimate strain lol.

all about the terpenes , find something you really like the smell off against 

a strain high in THC , i bet you choose the sexy smell over numbers 

remember walking into mums place when she was cooking that roast & that smell

what about down at bunnings on the weekend when they run the sausage sizzle ,

what does that smell do to you , smell can trigger dopamine the happy hormone 

Im definately not looking at it from sales point im just on the hunt for the ultimate strain lol.

The thc from an indica is the same as the thc found in a sativa yet the highs are wildly different.  You're not going to find anything in the numbers that experience won't trump ;)

The ridiculous THC percentages you hear quoted about Aussie weed are just propaganda and bullshit put out by anti canna fuckwits trying to claim that modern weed in this country (you hear the same bullshit in other countries as well) has become perverted into something even more evil than it used to be.  And it is bullshit, the strongest weed I've smoked was in the 80's.  Now, whilst several strains I've grown over the last few years have been closely comparable, they have been much better for me purely down to the above mentioned cannabinoid profiles and terpenes giving me the buzz I want.

Reality is that the weed on the black market has actually been going down in potency compared to the 90's due to the effects of PGR's used by dodgy commercial growers inhibiting resin production, which is why you have noticed the weed you buy is pretty shit.  It's also harvested while immature, giving a higher percentage of THC in comparison to the other cannabinoids.  If you selectively measure the THC content of the resin alone off that sort of bud, you will get a skewed result which you can trot out to say canna is bad, whilst ignoring the fact that legislation is the cause of the industry, and that it is the imbalance of THC to CBD in particular which IS causing some problems for some people.  Full legalisation would fix many issues.

Further to this, the percentages claimed by breeders are selective and cherry picked for marketing purposes, and should only be looked at as a rough guide.  Do some research on the effects of various base genetics to get an idea of what is likely to give you the buzz you want and look for strains with those genetic backgrounds, and as stated above you will enjoy the effects more than simply getting insanely strong THC canna.  Reality is that any decent genetics will have more than enough THC to get you wasted, so enjoyment should be at the top of the list when you choose to grow your own.  I've had great enjoyment from some very high THC strains, and unpleasant buzzes off lower THC (mid 20's vs mid teens) strains, and vice versa, but all of them were effectively strong, and I'm sure it's the same for most people.

And it's not really Aussie vs foreign strains, native Aussie canna is nearly non existent as far as I know.  It's more a case of what's available on the Aussie black market vs home grown from good genetics.  And the vast bulk of black market weed here is Skunk, which are imported genetics.

edit: I need to proof read before posting :doh:

Edited by Sir PsychoHashy
  • Upvote 2

What is Australian weed?  When Captain Cook landed, the hunter valley was full of native strains but where are they now.

Mostly what you buy on the black market is imported genetics grown and cured poorly.  Some of it would not have 4% Thc

25 years ago we used to get awesome strains like Mango heads which would have had local genetics, I have no idea where these strains have gone or if they even exist any more.  Im sure you would find something in places like Nimbin though

Ok, so there is a weed documentary somewhere on youtube. There is a US government lab that claim they have a strain that tests 47% THC..  WTF

Edited by Stiritup420