Some Curing Findings

I found that my buds tasted much better when I gave them a longer pure water flush before harvest. I they also seemed to cure better when hanged rather than in box and with all leaves near buds still on. It might also be better this time of year rather than in hotter part of summer when it was dry and they  got dry faster.

Most plants grew indoors will need a flush before taking.

This helps in getting rid of aany nutes that may be left behind.

Giving just water the plant will use all the sugars in the leaf and will start to drop.

We all have our own ways or drying, some like to trim as soon as u harvest (this is when i trim) other will wait till it is dry.

Drying some say hanging is the only way others will brake up any lay out to dry.

Drying is best done in a well ventilated  cool area.

Best way of curing is in glass in a dark cool spot a lot of changers go on over time in the way it will taste and affect you.

But make sure the weed is dry as moisture may/will cause mold to grow

• Upvote 1

yeah some good points...., I also think stopping spraying any pesticide (even organic) should happen as early as possible if you need to use them. I stop any sprays from the veg stage unless there is an issue found in the flowing plants.

this harvest was also done after leaving the plants to dry a bit ( had stopped watering for a few days before I harvested). All these things I have mentioned dramatically changed my harvest from awful tasting to tasting really nice. I'm not sure which one of these changed that or maybe it was a combination of several of them? All the things after like putting them in dark glass jars did not have any affect on what I experienced but they are what I also use too as I found in my recent harvest that the buds got their flavour in the first 3 days (when hanging) after that the taste did not alter much and I was able to enjoy a nice smoke after about a week from harvest where last time the buds tasted horrible after a week

probably a combination of a few things but I think the water was probably the most significant and watching the room temp when drying.

• leaving plants to dry a bit before harvest
  • giving water only for 2 weeks (important)
  • hanged rather than in box
  • left leaves near buds still on until final manicure
  • watch the room temp when drying (important)
  • stopping spraying any pesticide early
Edited by TAdams

yeah some good points...., I also think stopping spraying any pesticide (even organic) should happen as early as possible if you need to use them. I stop any sprays from the veg stage unless there is an issue found in the flowing plants.

this harvest was also done after leaving the plants to dry a bit ( had stopped watering for a few days before I harvested). All these things I have mentioned dramatically changed my harvest from awful tasting to tasting really nice. I'm not sure which one of these changed that or maybe it was a combination of several of them? All the things after like putting them in dark glass jars did not have any affect on what I experienced but they are what I also use too as I found in my recent harvest that the buds got their flavour in the first 3 days (when hanging) after that the taste did not alter much and I was able to enjoy a nice smoke after about a week from harvest where last time the buds tasted horrible after a week

probably a combination of a few things but I think the water was probably the most significant and watching the room temp when drying.

• leaving plants to dry a bit before harvest
  • giving water only for 2 weeks (important)
  • hanged rather than in box
  • left leaves near buds still on until final manicure
  • watch the room temp when drying (important)
  • stopping spraying any pesticide early

from a after harvest point of view , def temp No1 , anything over 27.7......c is a prob & smell is starting to boil off 

would also add , jarring to early & getting the cut grass / hay smell or using a , roll ya buds around in there own leaf juice , trimming machine

destroys all outside tric heads rolling round & coats buds in leaf juice which will send your buds brown over time  

will also say plant protection doesn't have to stop at start of flower , although i do agree stop foliar in flower , you can still soil 

drench & top dress for increasing plant health during flower , malted barley has a number of enzymes one of them being 

the enzyme chitinase , can be obtained from chitin from crustaceans like prawn crab or even from bug poo = frass , top dress 

& water in malted barley , google the benefits of chitin / chitinase in a soil mix , basically the chitinase makes the plant think its under attack

so the plant bolsters it self for the onslaught that never comes , def do google search for much more accurate description of chitin , chitosan , chitinase 

the other would be Aloe vera for a increase SAR , Systemic Acquired Resistance , as a anytime soil drench & foliar in veg 

• Upvote 2

Its much better to dry too long than to jar too early.. Let them get really crispy.  Its the last 10% of moisture from the middle of the bud you want to slowly bring that out and distribute to the whole bud.

If you over dry it its ok, you can jar it and put a fresh shade leaf in the jar with it overnight. As the shade leaf wilts it will add just a little moisture back into the buds again.

• Upvote 3