Outdoor winter plant survival ideas?

Hi all,

As anyone that's read my grow log for the past season would know I lost most of my plants to rippers.

I went out today and the plants that had been cut have some life left in them.

So I was wondering if there is a way for me too keep these girls alive till next season or until I can take some early clones?

Best idea I can come up with is some solar flood lights and go back to vege nutes and try and get them to reveg.

Any ideas would be awesome. Give me something to try over the next few months while I'm setting up the next plots

Thanks everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solar powered garden lights stuck to the surrounding trees would probably be the best option for lighting but it's risky lighting up the bush like that so personally I'd also take a cup of water and scissors out there with me and take a bunch of cuttings off it now.  I once rooted a 3/4 ready bud to prove to myself it could be done so I know it's possible to do and if you get just one to strike root you'll be golden by the time next season rolls around without having to worry about the plant out in the bush at all.  It might make it, it may not, but as the plot has already been written off I'd at least try to salvage the genetics now while you can.

Hi all,

As anyone that's read my grow log for the past season would know I lost most of my plants to rippers.

I went out today and the plants that had been cut have some life left in them.

So I was wondering if there is a way for me too keep these girls alive till next season or until I can take some early clones?

Best idea I can come up with is some solar flood lights and go back to vege nutes and try and get them to reveg.

Any ideas would be awesome. Give me something to try over the next few months while I'm setting up the next plots

Thanks everyone

Did they leave some lower limbs ?

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160409/985e7073c39621a8f6842e6004c77d22.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160409/a013ef5a05dca7b747cd1a175807360a.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160409/74606bdf6bc454a77a988520bef4f572.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160409/6afdc46d2c792ae9257b073d7544f0db.jpg

These are what I've been left with. The Walter white clone and or anything left of the main Walter white if I could keep it going are the main ones I'd like to keep alive for next season. If it works golden if it doesn't shit hey I wasted some time

Thanks for the advice

Yes u may be able to save them.

I have had a plant going for 4 years back in the day, and where i was living at the time the winters got cold and a lot of frost about.

The frost will kill em if u can set up some sort of green house over them to keep the frost off and keep the water up to em there a chance they will live.

You'll need to keep the frost off them, and up their hrs of light.  You also need to cut back the root mass to match the reduced size of the plants.

But your location is compromised, so stealth and security should be your main priorities for the future, no point going through months and months of hassle trying to keep a couple of plants going if you don't have somewhere safe to put them.

Other reality is that it will be easier to just crack fresh seeds next season, but if you really want these particular plants best option it to take them home because the frost protection measures and solar spotlights will stick out like a dogs balls in the bush.  I've risked the lights for a month or so to keep young plants from going into early season flower, but there's no way I'd be able to deal with that risk for 6 months or so.

I'd also be a bit sus about why they left behind what they did, and I'd be looking really hard for surveillance cameras, really hard, and I assume it's probably too late to advise you to completely cover your identifying features around the plot.

I understand the emotional response to what happened, and the attachment to all the time and effort you put in, but you still have to try and be logical about your decision making processes, guerilla growing is a high risk venture on many fronts, so a healthy dose of logic, caution and paranoia is important, whereas emotion is a problem

Edited by Sir PsychoHashy
  • Upvote 2

Cheers for that hashy. It was more wanting to keep the Walter for next season due to having no more seeds of that. But the plan is to shift everything form where it is now to further a field and try and finish the last plant off hopefully getting something off of it

That makes sense.  Can't remember which plant you got left with that's still big, was it an all star?  But if that tiny little clone bud is the Walter, carefully dig out a small pots worth of dirt and roots with it, pot it up and take it home. 

Even if you just use 1 or 2 24w CFL's it will be enough to reveg her and keep her going without producing fast growth rates.  Once revegged she'll spit out a mess of new growth, prune out the excess spindly bits and it won't take long and you'll be able to start taking clones to your hearts content.  You'll probably need to go 18/6 to get her to reveg, but once out of flower you can slowly start working that back down to around 15/9 or 14/10 if you're lucky so that they don't grow too fast, and hopefully when you put them outside again it will be roughly matching the hrs they're used to so they won't drop straight back into flower.  Clones off a revegged plant will tend to go back into flower at the drop of a hat. 

You're going to struggle to keep plants going that long without issues if you can't grow indoors though.  Maybe take a few clones and let one go back into flower while spraying with colloid silver to get some fem pollen to drop on one of the others to get some seeds, you might find that an easier way to keep the genetics going, and you could do that with some CFL's so long as you don't want to harvest any weight, but it will be near impossible to do anything with them in the bush.

• Upvote 1