Low odour in flower

I'm hoping to get a list started of strains for the backyard that neighbours can't smell. I've seen a few cuts and seed I've given to friends pulled too early this year because of the smell ,-especially the cheese,,,beautiful..- . On a still day you can smell it at the front gate! .So not to have this headache next year,I've started this topic.And of course this would help for secret bush grows.i don't have much to start this list off with but will add to it as I research along the way ,and my input won't be from experience ,I can only go on the breeders word. Please add or dispute any strain that gets mentioned. Master Kush.....Superglue (seedism) .......Pink Plant (Eva seeds) .......Northern Lights... Let's hope this list grows ! Cheers all.

What Oz said, but I understand where you're coming from.

I've got a seed from Cream of the Crop called Hybrid X, which is meant to be a particularly low odour pheno of Northern Lights.  I haven't grown it yet so I can't comment on how accurate the description is, but so far my Sensi NL's are not producing any stank in early flower, however they did give off a bit of stank during veg which I wasn't expecting.

Hope you can find something non stinky enough that aromatic cover plants and dynamic lifter is enough to mask the smell, but I don't think it will be possible to completely avoid it.  Particularly on humid days with a light breeze.

Yeh fellas I know I can't fully avoid smell ,so l really want to minimise things ,Northern lights as been not too bad for one mate ,he still has to use dynamic lifter though and he's got over an acre,where I live has some pretty large blocks ,mines not to big, but I'm not worried about me cause I won't risk the indoors for an outside one, But I'd like to find somewhere out in the hills for next year without stink ,I may add that I'm also looking for strains with low nute needs ,for them there hills,thank Ozzy420 and Sir Psychohashy for the feed back ,I'll keep plodding away on my Quest,cheers

You want an african strain like ace's malawi.  Low feeder, low stink and a wicked high.  It can get awful stinky in the last few weeks but until then it's just got that grassy cannabis smell all plants have in very low doses.  Durban poison is another but from what I remember it was much fruitier and stronger smelling overall especially from around mid flowering.  There's plenty of others but those are the two I've tried.

I'd stay away from indicas especially anything with a skunk or hashplant background like the master kush you listed as an option.  They're bred to be filthy and everyone knows that skunky smell from miles off.  Sativas in general come out much fruitier and a few like the africans come out with truly odd smells like carrots, coffee, rum, mango, etc. all mixed together which really mess with the nose so knowing the smell is unavoidable at the end I'd opt for going for something that comes with a side of confusion like that over the normal smells everyone knows.

• Upvote 1

I've just chopped an outdoor BigTooth(GHS) which didn't stink much during veg and flowering stages.

The smell only came during dying. It's a different story during curing though, the fragrant from opening

the mason jar was powerful, scent of berries, toast and coffee.

I do agree that most strains with Skunk or Kush lineage usually have very strong distinctive smell that even a

non cannabis user will know something smells funky.

I've just chopped an outdoor BigTooth(GHS) which didn't stink much during veg and flowering stages.

The smell only came during dying. It's a different story during curing though, the fragrant from opening

the mason jar was powerful, scent of berries, toast and coffee.

I do agree that most strains with Skunk or Kush lineage usually have very strong distinctive smell that even a

non cannabis user will know something smells funky.

thanks ,good feed back,Big Tooth goes on my list!

Hi all..

Just a couple of noob questions which i thought fit perfectly with this thread.

1 how long does the smell last ?

2 are there any companion plants that could assist with masking the smells?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk