Craigslist

Hey guys sorry didn't know were to post this ,im currently out of town and at a mates place and was thinking of buying some bud of craigslist,the prices seem ok just seeing if anyone off here had any experience buying off craigslist

Hey guys sorry didn't know were to post this ,im currently out of town and at a mates place and was thinking of buying some bud of craigslist,the prices seem ok just seeing if anyone off here had any experience buying off craigslist

Forum rules don't allow this kind of discussion but for the record before your post is removed by a moderator, most of the 420 ads on australian city craigslist sites are from advance fee fraud scammers, so don't even bother responding. They will try to convince you that when you send money via 7eleven or moneygram they need a receipt to claim it. Wrong - the money is in their hands as soon as you foolishly send it. See https://www.reddit.com/r/SydneyTrees/comments/4bao1g/automated_cl_420_advance_fee_fraud_scammer_scan/?ref=share&ref_source=link for some more data.

tl;dr Post your own ad and make sure you smell/examine what's on offer somewhere safe before paying. And of course, all discussion about obtaining things should take place on web sites which permit it.

Edited by doctor_nelson
  • Upvote 1

Yep, avoid craigslist unless they will meet you face to face. Never send any money through ANY wire transfer. Most of the ads are scammers, but there are people who are selling crap biker weed, from my experience. I found one small grower (on craigslist) who I buy from regularly now, who has different strains and quite good quality bud, but I pay $390 an ounce for it. That took a couple of years to find. The rest were all rubbish and I got ripped off lots of times with underweight bags and just rubbish bud.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Edited by FullCircle

Yep, avoid craigslist unless they will meet you face to face. Never send any money through ANY wire transfer. Most of the ads are scammers, but there are people who are selling crap biker weed, from my experience. I found one small grower (on craigslist) who I buy from regularly now, who has different strains and quite good quality bud, but I pay $390 an ounce for it. That took a couple of years to find. The rest were all rubbish and I got ripped off lots of times with underweight bags and just rubbish bud.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Ouch $390 an ounce. must be the fucking bomb if you find a seed send it to me hahahahah

• Upvote 3

Forum rules don't allow this kind of discussion but for the record before your post is removed by a moderator...

Nothing wrong with members discussing how the black market for cannabis works for entertainment or research reasons. There is no trading of illegal cannabis products allowed on the forums though.

:peace: MongyMan

• Upvote 1

Ouch $390 an ounce. must be the fucking bomb if you find a seed send it to me hahahahah

It's not the greatest, but it's the best I can find...I have had much better cannabis overseas, but unless you grow it yourself, there's just nothing "quality" on the market in Australia (that I've been able to locate!).

The stuff I get is decent... It smells great and has plenty of trichs, has been flushed well and it works for what I'm using it for, medically speaking. So yeh, I'm prepared to pay the premium because without it I'd have rock hard, immature PGR weed, with zero medicinal benefits.

TL/DR: It's too expensive, but currently I have no alternative haha

Edited by FullCircle

Its crazy. Some of the weed on the market is amazingly bad.  Some of it would barely register any THC.. It got so bad recently i thought my smoking days were over. Every person in the area had the same thing. My mate had to drive over 2 hours to get an once of White Rhyno $280 but all popcorn.  Lucky now i have a couple of bags free from my mates bush grow and with a bit of luck mine will be ready in 7 weeks so hopefully i wont have to buy it again for a long time. 

I would never try Craigslist though, unless you met someone face to face even then anyone selling on there is likely trying to rip you off.   Even if its decent $390 is a crazy rip of. I admit though, its a better deal than buying that bikie shit.

You guys complaining that 390 an oz for non PGR shite weed is a rip off must be young, and not thinking it through.  I know it's cheaper in Melbourne, Sydney etc, but if it's decent properly grown stuff compared to that Vietnamese PGR crap an extra $100 or so an oz is worth every penny if you have to buy, and where  I am that shite is $350/oz, so an extra 40 is nothing. 

Further to that is that back in the late 80's $350-400/oz was standard for anything worth smoking, and I remember a particularly nasty drought in Sydney when it hit $650.  So if you factor in inflation since then, $350 is really sweet fuck all.  Problem is that the reason prices have fallen so much is the way the commercial growers are producing their product which makes it virtually worthless.

As for Craigslist, or any internet offers, dodgy fuckers looking to rip people looking for weed off is nothing new, but the internet has made their job much easier and opened up a wider audience.  I got ripped off twice back in the 80's (once during that drought), and both times were street dealers who refused to let me look and sniff before handing over cash, and that's a clear sign that still hasn't changed.  If you can't inspect the goods, don't part with cash, unless you've built up a trusting relationship with the seller, end of story regardless of method of contact.  The Silk Road was working reasonably well for a while due to the escrow holding setup, but even that was open to abuse and a few people ended up getting ripped off, so why risk something with absolutely no safeguards?

• Upvote 1