Question

Hi everyone,

My partner has been diagnosed with terminal skin cancer and I want to procure some Rick Simpson Oil. It seems the only way to do this is to make it yourself. I'm keen to speak with anyone who's had any experience making the stuff - I'm nervous about doing it myself for numerous reasons. I've read the threads on this site that talk about it, but I have other questions:

1) Regarding ventilation...what's proper? I have a bathroom with fan and a large window - is that OK? (I don't really have access to an open space that wouldn't raise suspicions.)

2) The exact solvent to use -

http://www.jaycar.com.au/p/NA1066#1

Is this OK?

Other questions, too!

Thanks for any help.

Hey Goodstuff,
                        I've made my own oil, using this method, here's a link https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/56673-introducing-aho-aussie-hash-oil-the-sunny-method/page-1?do=findComment&comment=371138

Now, I took the wife's rice cooker outside to reduce the oil down as Iso can be some real dangerous stuff if not handled correctly. NO SPARKS or FLAMES or it will EXPLODE.

Yes, that is the right iso but you may find you'll need more than 300ml. I got mine from an electronic wholesaler in a 5ltr bottle rather than smaller lots from Jaycar.

Any other questions, please ask away

Merl1n

• Upvote 1

Thanks heaps, Merl1n. Boiling the ISO down scares the hell out of me.

Are you completely against sourcing the weed on the black market? What if I know someone who can get good quality supply? I'd love to grow some, but seriously don't have time. I want to get started with the treatment yesterday...

Am I totally against black market? Hell no, if you need it NOW (as it sounds you do) then get what you can from where ever you can.
The reason I use my own is because I know what has gone into it and how it's been grown. Some people use chemicals known as PGR's or Plant Growth Regulators to make the plant produce 'better' (more weight, denser, etc) And such chemicals are wonderful for ornamental flowers, but for 'consumeable' flowers, the safety of these chemicals is still under heavy debate as some PGR's are known to be carcinogenic.
Now, I grow for my own medical needs and I want it as clean, chemically, as possible. So I use no PGR's and I flush thoroughly prior to harvest to flush the salts out and I know that what I'm consuming is as clean as possible. Along with this I also push the maturity of the plant longer than most growers and certainly longer than any commercial weed. This increases certain terpines  and cannabinoids and gives me the medical benefits I want. I'm in control. But if you are not able to grow or need it NOW, then possibly street weed is all that's available to you. What other choice do you have? I'd recommend you don't go for any of the Chinese crap that's floating around, cos you are guaranteed that shit has been chemically treated. A smaller niche grower would be far better imo and if you could talk to the grower and ask about additives, that would be even better again imo. 

Now, previously I gave you a link to iTiC's 'Sunny Oil' cos I couldn't find my post. But in the meantime I've found my post. Here's a link https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/7166-iso-oil/?p=397571

Good luck with it all and if you have questions, then ask. I don't have all the answers but someone here will have some relevant knowledge

Merl1n

• Upvote 1

You can get the ISO on ebay, that is where i have got it in past, about 50 for 5lts including postage.

Heat dose not have to be used to evap the ISO you can place in front of a window with a fan blowing over it, the fan will slowly help to evap the ISO away.

You can just leave it in a very airy place as eel and just let it evap at room temp, onlt thing about doing this way it can take a long time to evap all the iso...

• Upvote 3

Canna can be used and processed in any number of ways. It can be vaporised, smoked, eaten or used topically. But it depends on what process you put it thru to which desired cannabanoids are released and how.

You may need to do a bit of research in regard to what is being treated and which cannabanoids maybe of benefit.

Rick Simpson's oil is solvent based, where its the oils within the butter that absorb the active ingredients. Due to this both would have differing processes within the body and differing effects.

From experience I can assure you smoking oil has a much quicker and much different effect than eating cookies, so trying to compare is near impossible imo.

Every process alters the result in some way, be that, as Ozzy states "...uv rays are braking down the oils..." in 'sunny oil', by cooking it to make cookies or by adding solvents, again it depends on what you are treating, with which active ingredients to what processes are best to obtain that medicine. THC for example starts to breakdown with heat, get over a certain temperature and you can cook an active ingredient out of your mix altogether. So you need to research.

I have a range of smokes, oils and hashes and depending on my need, depends on what I consume. So don't be limiting it to just oil. They all have their benefits.

Here is a link to "Green eggs and Ham" our cooking section lol

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/forum/103-green-eggs-and-ham/

And our "Medical Cannabis" Forums

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/forum/81-medical-cannabis-clinic/

You may find some info here to make a start or give you some ideas to research online in a bit more detail.

Hope it helps

Merl1n

Hi Goodstuff

I checked in to this a while ago and was a bit concerned with the carcinogenic nature of a few of the extraction methods. Please see below an article by a Dutch and Italian chemist, who look at the extraction methods and the health issues with each one. It also documents how they extract the good stuff using olive oil, which should work very well as a healthy topical:

Article summary:

http://cannabis-med.org/index.php?tpl=faq&red=faqlist&id=275&lng=en

Article:

http://www.cannabis-med.org/index.php?tpl=cannabinoids&id=276&lng=en&red=cannabinoidslist

Hope it helps