Help I need somebody help not just anybody!

I can't help you with the questions, but just wanted to wish you luck with the grow and I'm sure you'll get much more than a q :D

Hope your dad is doing OK. I understand how hard it is when a parent is terribly ill. I wanted my dad to try cannabis when he was dying but he wouldn't because of the archaic laws in this country. Good luck :)

Thank you for the advise , I should have stated correctly that I was loaned an eb and flow set up but having $$$ constraints and not having all the supplies to go with the hydro set up (medium, proper nutes, know how on how to set it up correctly) I decided to just use the equipment for a soil set up.... So although I have all the equipment for a proper eb and flow (which I believe would have been a lot quicker to get a harvest) I decided upon just using soil under the lights.... And yes the tent is huge compared to many I have seen on here ... Albeit the width and length could be a bit bigger I def have no issues with height!

I have the HPS and PLLs going at the moment (hPs above and PLL running vertical) still on 18-6 but that has just been today.... I'll switch off the PLLs tomorrow and leave the HPS on 18-6 for a few days before the flip to 12-12 as you advised and see how that goes.

Was just wondering as the PLLs are 4100k whether or not they are any use leaving on vertical just for some extra light?

I did have an issue with those little bastard white flies as I was taking the plants outside during the day for some natural light when they were younger, realised then luckily cleaned them off got them in the tent and haven't seen a single white fly or date to the plants since (4 weeks) so I'm hoping I don't have dormant eggs waiting to hatch but I'm lead to believe they would have hatched by now either way.

Finger crossed I don't have anymore bastard pests , hoping maybe the cold Canberra climate will keep them in check

Thanks fullcircle, yeah that was the hardest part, trying to convince him to try it, luckily or unluckily his symptoms were and are that bad he would have tried anything , so made cookies at first as it was the least criminal 'looking' route but then eating the cookies was making him sick so had to invest in a vapouriser as using a pipe or bong would have been too hard to get his head around being a straighty 180 all his life .... But even the vapouriser are marketed towards recreational use with all the colours and bells and whistles .... Would have been a

Lot easier to convince him to use the cape if it looked more 'medical' in the end though I managed to get him to use it and out of everything it has helped him with his symptoms

He has stage 3 bowel and the start of oesophageal cancer so if he throws up from he chemo it will kick start the throat cancer .... There in part is why I pushed for him to try cannabis .... Just in hope he wouldn't be sick and have another cancer to deal with

• Upvote 1

Not too sure what you find 'funny' about the situation, of course I know how much it costs I've been buying for myself for over 20 years, I have lived in countries where it is legal and can go to the local dispensary to get my stuff . Since moving back to Australia (WA first) I've found the smoke to be terrible, after getting the 'amazing seed laden bud' in WA I kept the seeds just incase I wanted to give it a go one day..... Time moves on and my father was diagnosed with cancer stage 3-3 , op to remove cancer and now doing chemo. I moved from WA to Canberra in order to help him whilst going through chemo.... And that's where the problem lies , new to Canberra no connections except for some dodgy guy I met on Craigslist so I was in the position of now having to grow my own to supply myself and my father with something that isn't crud . The entire hydro set up (eb & flow) was loaned to me from ex army mate that isn't growing anymore otherwise I wouldn't have had the cash to buy the lights and crap etc surviving on a military disability pay..... So does that explain my situation more to

U so u don't think it's 'funny'.... Thanks for the advice or lack there of , skimping is what people need to do trying to survive on what veteran affairs pays its TPI vets

Where did I say it was "funny" ??  I offered some logical advice...

Sorry , funny - 'strange' same crap different smell , your post wasn't logical advise for someone in my situation , I didn't enquire on the cost of CBD oil or the fact that with unlimited funds I could produce a lot at harvest , I had a couple of specific questions and it seems you think I had some alt motive for posting , sorry if I'm wrong but that's how it came across

I also see from some of your posts that money for you is not a problem , I however can't go out and buy nute pens and other stuff to help me with my grow , I have a forum to ask questions when I have credit on my internet , spare a thought for people in my situation through no fault of there own surviving on a military disability pay (pathetic) or similar , if I had the money to order seeds I would have, if I had the money I could have done plenty of different things ,,,,, no my option was to use bag seed from a deal I purchased over a year ago in WA , anyway thanks to everyone else who however constructive criticism/ advice

If I were in your shoes I would run the hps because even though it will cost considerably more to run than the fluros the difference in the speed and quality of growth when going from fluros to HID lighting can't be understated.  It's a night and day level of difference but it's gonna put your power bill up like $5 for every day you run it so it can be very costly in the long run.  If you've got a dimmable ballast though you can dial the intensity back and save some money by only ramping the power up as needed.

Another thing that can't be understated is having purposefully bred genetics in your garden which rings infinitely true for medicinal purposes as it's the whole chemical profile of the plant and not single cannabinoids like thc that give you the different range of effects.  That's why people are stressing the need to purchase seeds so much and not only that but growing random bagseed when you have a medicinal need for the crop is just asking for failure due to the chances of hermies alone which can force a harvest weeks and even months before the plants are ready making the whole venture a complete waste of time, money, effort and worst of all hope.  To lose hope in such trying times can be devastating and when the vast majority of issues can be solved for less than $100 we're all going to insist that you go hungry or do whatever you must to make that investment happen. 

If you decide to go with the current crop anyway vege the plants until your space in about 1/4 to 1/3 full and then turn them to flowering.  Train the hell out of them and only cut them as a last resort like completely running out of head space and even if it turns into a full on hermie show half way into flowering you should still yield a fair amount.

Good luck and on a personal note I recommend getting the old man to shop for seeds with you.  Not only will you find something more suitable for him and his needs but it'll give him something new to look forward to in the future as well. 

Thanks for the advise gippy , and although the 'go hungry' to be able to purchase proper strains sounds like the way too go..... Have you ever 'gone hungry' ? lol it ain't fun, Veterans affairs pays me little to nothing and after paying rent and basic supplies that's my disability pay gone .... I already 'go hungry' every bloody week so there isn't any ability to stretch any more dollars for expensive seeds that may or May not be male or go hermie anyway plus in my situation I was needing to get something in the ground ASAP for my dad ,my thinking was the seeds were from an amazing smoke (even though it was packed with seeds) so I'm hoping that would be enough to hopefully produce something better than the occasional crappy swag I can get my hands on around the ACT.... Yes I know it shouldn't be that hard to find here but being disabled and now old lol I'm the last person some young kid on the street wants to help out,

at this point I'll continue on with what I have as I currently have 2-3 females that are close if not ready to flip to flower and in my eyes the look ok, smoking for 20 plus years I understand it's more than just THC when it comes to medicinal crops but in my fathers situation it's mainly being used for nausau etc and as he never smoked even the Schwag was working a little bit in that regard.... Hopefully the stuff I'm growing will do

The same but as you said it would be better to know what I'm growing but beggers can't be choosers, fingers crossed I get something from the grow, but disheartened now after reading the comments that I could be wasting my time and money not knowing the strain.... I wonder how people got on before the Internet and the ability to choose different strains in Australia? Wouldn't they have just been breeding unknown strains?