Green Prohibitionist, No Wiggle Room For Cannabis

In Australia, there are a couple of million voters who use Cannabis on a regular basis.

There are a whole lot more who would benefit economically when Cannabis is a tradable commodity in agriculture and energy. The budget for health and law enforcement will be reduced with the repeal of prohibition. 

http://australianhempparty.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/wiggleroom1.jpg

Green’s Leader, Senator Richard Di Natale wants to continue Cannabis prohibition.

His party “do not support the legalisation of currently illegal drugs”.

“Ironically, medicinal Cannabis is still an illegal drug. The Narcotic Drugs Act doesn’t do anything about the distribution, supply, prescription of the drug… there’s no legislation around how doctors will prescribe it.” said Senator Di Natale.

“We’ve got to take it out of the hands of backyard growers and we’ve got to put it in the hands of a regulated industry, where we know that people who are suffering from serious medical conditions can get access to a drug of known quality.” The translation of this statement from the Senator is not lost on the average Cannabis consumer in Australia, some 2 or 3 million voters, who would be growing the herb themselves if it were legal. Handing supply over to big business is a very unpopular idea.

Supply to the terminally ill will be an improvement when it happens. The Narcotic Drugs Act does not relate to the decriminalisation of Cannabis for general cultivation or recreational use, which will remain a law enforcement issue.

Terminal or Criminal?

On announcing the amendments, Health Minister Sussan Ley made the Coalition Government’s position on recreational Cannabis clear: “This is not a debate about legalisation of Cannabis. This is not about drugs. This is not a product you smoke. This has nothing to do with that.”

According to the announcement; A patient with a valid prescription can possess and use a medicinal Cannabis product manufactured from Cannabis plants legally cultivated in Australia, where the supply is appropriately authorised under the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989 and relevant state and territory legislation for the management of painful and chronic conditions.

Medical Amnesty

‘We’ve waited decades for these so called clinical trials, in the long term they may be fruitful,  in the meantime we’re calling for at least some interim measures to address the concerns of 10’s of thousands of Australians currently using Cannabis for medical purposes.’ said HEMP Party Secretary Andrew Kavasilas.

http://australianhempparty.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/hempsloth1-720x405.jpg

We need a better deal

Prohibition restricts the cultivation of Cannabis for industrial use based on its THC content. Hemp farming will be considered more viable when the seed is legal as food. Until then it’s the equivalent of growing wheat for the stalks under strict conditions.

Prohibition sustains the high price for Cannabis and the profits are very attractive. Ending prohibition will save a fortune on health and law enforcement. Millions of dollars are spent daily on Cannabis via the black market. Where does all the money go?

The annual law enforcement budget is also millions of tax payer dollars that have failed to stop illegal trade and denied access to a natural medicine.

A vote for the Liberals, Nationals or the Greens is no good for self medication or Dave the Stoner who will now have the opportunity to select six preferred parties above the line on the Senate ballot paper. Twelve or more selections below the line will last longer in the count that will elect the last two or more candidates with less than a quota in the likely double dissolution on July 2.

http://australianhempparty.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/australianhempparty-240x240.png

Help End Marijuana Prohibition (HEMP) Party

Cannabis: the plant, the whole plant and nothing but the plant.

www.australianHEMPparty.com

The post Green Prohibitionist, No Wiggle Room For Cannabis is on HEMP.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/hempparty/~4/PXeoxSue8H4

View article source

Have to say I'm seriously rethinking my default Green voting position at the moment, and not just because of this (though it doesn't help lol).  I've been worried about this Di Natale douche for a while now, thought his professional and slick persona might be a good thing for the Greens at first, but lately I'm seeing him as someone only interested in the pursuit of political power, and doing deals with the Libs, who will only knife him in the back down the track, is pretty much inexcusable.  Sacrificing your core values for political gain is what Libs and Labour do, so he has dragged the Greens down to their level, very bad and could end up dragging them down to the same place as the Democrats for the same reasons.

My aunty's in the Greens, and I'll be talking to her about this next time I visit.

I miss Bob Brown

Have to say I'm seriously rethinking my default Green voting position at the moment, and not just because of this (though it doesn't help lol).  I've been worried about this Di Natale douche for a while now, thought his professional and slick persona might be a good thing for the Greens at first, but lately I'm seeing him as someone only interested in the pursuit of political power, and doing deals with the Libs, who will only knife him in the back down the track, is pretty much inexcusable.  Sacrificing your core values for political gain is what Libs and Labour do, so he has dragged the Greens down to their level, very bad and could end up dragging them down to the same place as the Democrats for the same reasons.

My aunty's in the Greens, and I'll be talking to her about this next time I visit.

I miss Bob Brown

Surely a case of monkey see monkey do, theyre a strange lot politicians, right up there with car salesmen on the bullshit scale, Dicky has been watching the circus that has been aussie politics for a while now. We remember big tone laughing his head off telling all and sundry that the Libs would never stab each other like labor. saying something like they are the adult party only concerned with governing well. God love em.

I have no idea how u end up being in a position to be running the country, clearly lol but these guys have been taking the piss and me, well, im fuckin over it and they can stick their rules where the sun dont shine, they dont care about me, i care about me so they can do what they want they can waste money on everything from reports and white papers they can hold a plebiscite every week for all i care, im dusting of the drum kit and getting on the march again, this is not to say im gonna go ape shit i do have a brain, i know what common sense is and use it on a semi permanent occasion. The govt has gotten a little ahead of themselves they should stick to collecting taxes and representing ALL our interests like we employ them to do.

Oh and the Libs should rethink who they send in to talk to us when they officially start to campaign, do they ever stop? They should remember what happened last time malcum was leader of the party, It didnt end well, maybe tone has been reading the history books.

What scum.  He knows nothing of the plant except it has both medicinal and economic potential and he's spinning it like the party wants the best for everyone instead of being a get rich quick scheme for the chosen few.  :signthis: 

I hate saying it but it's basically a forgone conclusion that we're getting fucked over until the end of time.  The war on drugs was about us losing market share to the powers that be so they could concentrate their wealth and they're never going back this close to the finish line.  As such I propose we pollute their genepool with quality pollen.  We hunt their grows down and purposefully pollinate their plants so they have no choice but to either give out great seeds or cut the supply of raw cannabis for fear of giving out the potential to grow not to mention patented genetics and since their yield will take a hammering their profits might turn into financial ruin as well.  The decreased supply of medicine isn't a good thing but since they should know way in advance of the expected harvest date that the crop is seeded to hell and production needs to be outsourced it should only put them back a few months at most for a contract job and if they're just after cannabinoids they should be able to lab test something from any legal state in the USA and import it overnight without too much hassle before the expected harvest date making no one wait an extra day for their supply of medicine.

If we hit them time, after time, after time, it's going to hurt those greedy bastards in the only place that matters to them.  We need to hit them hard and keep it up for as long as it takes for them to either give up entirely or issue licenses to the general public to grow their own.  Neither outcome is a possibility while there's money to be made though so stop asking to free the weed when all that does is result in a profiteer growing for you.  If you want to ask for anything ask to free the seed instead and watch how free they want your medicine to be because in a world of backyard growers all you need is a single seed to strip them of ever making a single cent off you again and in a world where money is power that's never going to be allowed. 

$10 says I just made a potential domestic terrorist list or 3 lol

I'm not sure i would want to be the one running the country over the short and long term.

I keep telling my mrs a green voter thats its people like her and the other bleeding hearts that have fucked us and they dont even know it yet. 

As Bob Dylan wrote, the times they are a changin and i hate to tell all u gullible people its not gonna be pretty, an iraqi person on my wifes facebook told her months maybe even 12 months or more ago that isis was sending soldiers as refugees and the networks here in oz and the rest of the world apparently have only reported this now. Did they know back then? Surely im not the omly person asking where all the women were when photos of a large group of men that had "fled" Syria, no women, no reason to get the flock out then hey, go and fight for  ur fucking country u hopeless cunts, oooops sorry were not supposed to say that are we, please, give me a break, open your eyes guys and keep em open, because it's gonna be on like donkey kong.

Its a bleak assesment i know and im sorry but it needs to be said.

Important Information

By using the community in any way you agree to our Terms of Use and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.