Bongs in South Aust

"Bernie Sanders believes the United States’ current “war on drugs” is a failed policy. He recognizes that the war on drugs has not quelled the drug-use epidemics facing the nation. Instead, he advocates treatment for drug addiction, not punishment – and he’s repeatedly introduced legislation to extensively reform the criminal justice system along these lines. He supports medical marijuana and the decriminalization of recreational marijuana, and has said that he supports the right of states to opt for full legalization."

http://feelthebern.org/bernie-sanders-on-drug-policy/

I think it's a no brainer. He takes a middle-ground approach on guns, too. He won't take your guns unless you are a nutter or want semi autos.

Edited by FullCircle

I own semi auto's... Shotguns Pistols and rifle's.. What was so sad to see was when the buy back program in your country was aired on the news.. It just showed them cutting all of them up and piled in a scrap yard... Some folk's had collected those guns for generation's.. Now it would be hard for me to fathom the thought of not being able to defend myself,family and home..

• Upvote 1

I'm anti-gun myself, but I try not to judge. Why do you need semi-automatic weapons? I'm personally very thankful that we have the laws here that we do, and I like knowing that most houses do not contain a gun. Guess what? We have very low gun crime as a result. The gun buy-back seemed to work here, but I know it wouldn't work in the US, the issue goes much deeper.

While I'm anti-gun, I'm also a realist. Nobody is ever going to get rid of guns in the US, but there does need to be tighter controls in place.

Are you seriously voting for that disgusting, racist, chauvinistic cunt? I have not yet met a real life Trump supporter....

The Gun buy back scheme was exploited by a lot of people, handing in old shot guns, rifles and using the money to buy new guns...A lot of illegal weapons are still around buried on properties. Plus Australia has a shit load of semi auto shot guns in high numbers. http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/conservation-groups-up-in-arms-as-legal-semiauto-shotgun-sells-out-20150624-ghwefx.html

We still have a high ratio of weapons in our communities, it's just we have more sane people owning weapons and better regulation. Rural Australia still love their guns and is actually on the increase. Our Government likes to think our society is gun free when in reality we are not and still have a high percentage of gun ownership, suicides, shootings in rural towns by guns but we like to hide that fact just like drugs, poverty, mental health issues etc.

The Australian government is good at hiding the facts to the rest of the world and is good at stopping issues coming into public debate by censorship. Don't believe everything you see or read about how we all live a pure life on this island.. 

I would not vote for Trump he really has no substance and friends with all sides. 

Edited by lookinggoodguys
  • Upvote 2

lol your funny! You need a semi auto if ya in tha woods and a bear attacks ya..You gonna need them rounds pop'n off fast.. Or a wild boar..They are all over the place in the USA.. Wild hogs that is..

Your still funny!

That's a different story though, you only mentioned home defence earlier. It's a totally different story if you live in a rural area or need it for pest control etc. The posts above me are right, plenty of Aussies have guns for exactly those reasons. It's gun nuts who don't have a legitimate reason and who live in built up areas who I don't believe need semi automatic weapons.

Vote for Trump? Hmmmm. He's not known as a supporter of Cannabis haha.

Meth pipes are illegal in QLD too Joey

Every tobacco/gift shop that I have come across in Qld openly sell glass pipes that are specifically designed for smoking meth. Now if it were illegal to sell these items, why do they have them on full display for the world to see?