Azamax, eco-neem and mite-rid

Apologies before hand if this is common knowledge, i did a search but couldn't find many posts on it.

So after successfully dealing with a fairly bad spider mite infestation i've found a bit of info out about the 3 products that may be helpful to others.

So my infestation poped and i kept reading about how good Azamax was on all the overseas forums but i was unsuccessful finding it here in OZ.

I did find out about miterid though and ill tell you now the stuff is pure gold, it probably knocked out my infestation after the first application, but it is definitely history now after a second application 6 days later. More on what this has to do with azamax/eco-neem in a sec...

After already getting my hands on miterid, i was still searching for azamax in oz out of curiosity. I was reading the Eco-neem site and came across a little passage at the bottom of the webpage: "Please note: 1 litre pack size is part of our commercial range and is branded as AzaMax – just to keep you on your toes! There are other differences with the labeling but it is the exact same solution as in eco-neem.".

So There you go the two products are exactly the same, and after examining picture of the labels on the two products on google, they both do indeed contain the same stuff:  Azadirachtin A & B.

Now to miterid, although the stuff smells allot stronger/different than Azamax/eco-neem it uses the same main active ingredient in azamax/eco-neem,  Azadirachtin. Although im sure, due to the smell of miterid that it contains other beneficial oils and such. 

I have yet to try azamax/eco-neem on a bad infestation(knock on wood) but after reading all the good said about it on overseas forums and with the knowledge that it contains Azadirachtin, im confident that it would be as effective as miterid.

But one big benefit to azamax/eco-neem is that its readily avalible at bunnings and you get 100mls of it for around $18 instead if 45mls of miterid for $25, the dilution rates are almost the same.

So that was just some info i came accross in my battle(more like a slaughter really)against the dreaded spidermite and i hope its is of some help to anyone else looking for azamax in OZ

thanks for the info 

i would think 100% neem oil would be allot more effective with not just plenty Azadirachtin but many others ( more unadulterated )

combining 100% neem oil with a emulsifier like silica would give you a much more effective solution ( PM no like silica )

but like any bug or pathogen prob , you need to be pre-emptive & set up a bug spray preventitive plan

& also diversity in what you spray , not just neem , will go a long way to make sure to don't have probs

during your grow

would also say having a wand pump sprayer that you can use to get to every nook & cranny when spraying , ( mites = microscopic )

most 100% olis  are contact killers , so spray soil surface , plant stems , underside of leaves & then top side of leaves , work your way

up first then down the plant , if outdoors look at what other plants you have close by & consider adding them to your spray regime 

Edited by itchybromusic

Hi stoners :peace:

Cool thread Xanode

Just wanted to note if there are those that aren't aware, eco-neem and eco-oil are not one in the same.  Haven't recently perused the constituents of these but eco-neem packs a fair bit more whack to it than the oil.   I use eco-oil pretty regularly, alternating between that and natrasoap which is my favourite go-to fir critters atm.  Mycomax apply in my medium leaves the gnats sfa I reckon and they don't hang around.  for heavy mites the little bottle of eco-neem comes out if that makes sense lol Imma grow a couple neem trees  :gardening:

Peace and good growing to you :bongon:

Faith :sun:

• Upvote 1

Just wanted to note if there are those that aren't aware, eco-neem and eco-oil are not one in the same.

To true... Eco Oil has NO Neem innit... I have never needed to resort to Neem to control mites. The only time I use Neem is when I have had a lot of cockchafers (beetle larvae) in a raised garden bed. The I will sift the medium to remove chafers and spray the ground beneath the bed frame. After that I return the growing medium to the bed.

• Upvote 1