• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
International Cannabis Cultivation Questionnaire

Photo

Gnat Infestation

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Naycha

Naycha

Mung Bean Farmer

• 420 Crew
  • 6242 Posts:
  • Interests:Quality
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"

The only info I can find for a product called Eradicator is for an aerosol spray which the active ingredient is permethrin.

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

grow for me

grow for me

Maturing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 Posts:
  • Interests:My family, and all of a sudden gardening haha
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish
  • Fav. Heads:None
  • Fav. Lighting: sun

from memory pyrythium only kills the adults not the larvae they are the ones that do any real damage to your plants

and are the harder ones to kill. neem oil does a good job on the adults and yates pyrithium spray too but i have troubles killing the larvae. i use  alsystyn larvacide 250 during veg but if the mongrels show up during flower i dont like to use it.

grow for me

grow for me

Maturing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 Posts:
  • Interests:My family, and all of a sudden gardening haha
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish

you talking bout coco ? 

don't use the bunnings bricks ,

canna coco with trichoderma would be one brand to look at , def not bunnings

hello mate no i was talking about the trichoderma but yeah i do use the bunnings coco, i have been thinking i will change to a good brand to see if they show up again or not haha. if its the bunnings bricks that are the problem that will teach me for being a tight ass wont it

itchybromusic

itchybromusic

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4477 Posts:
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic

hello mate no i was talking about the trichoderma but yeah i do use the bunnings coco, i have been thinking i will change to a good brand to see if they show up again or not haha. if its the bunnings bricks that are the problem that will teach me for being a tight ass wont it

i should have been more clear

bunnings bricks or brunnings i think they are , are fine to use just a bit of work in cleaning up first , i think Lu has drop info on cleaning the bricks in the past

Tight Arse , i'm right there with ya brother 

do the numbers but maybe just adding Myco Apply Maxx to what you already have going http://mycorrhizae.c...y-soluble-maxx/

burner

burner

Smoking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 Posts:
  • Interests:Seeing hemp and cannabis legalised and utilised for the healing of both the population and the planet. And fishing.......
  • Fav. Type:Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Lighting: sun or hps
You could reduce the number of larvae in your medium by cutting a few spuds in half and placing them with the cut side down on top of your medium. Give it a day or so, turn those spuds cut side up and you will see the little critters all over the spud. Replace with a fresh cut spud, alternatively, after treating with a pesticide, you could consider adding some gnat nix or similar top dressing to your pots, to help reduce the likelyhood of re-infestation. I prefer the spud method, but once infested, I continue until harvest. Good thing spuds are cheap.
Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope! The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace. Jimi Hendrix.

Myth; Legalising cannabis will result in an increase of teenage abuse.
Fact; Drug dealers dont check i.d.!

Ford Fairlane

Ford Fairlane

Stoned gnome

• Moderator Crew
  • 3429 Posts:
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Lighting: Bic
The only time i have not had gnats in an organic medium inside, was when i top dressed with gnat nix http://www.ebay.com....ksid=m270.l1313

Mr Jane

Mr Jane

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None

Thanks for all the great advice to everyone who contributed, as always it's been a big help.

I just finished my second drench of neem oil at 2ml per litre, I've also been spraying the top of my medium daily with a mix of neem and dishwashing liquid, (2ml of neem, 2 drops of dishwashing liquid, in a 500ml sprayer) you can also add tea tree oil to this mix for anyone who's interested. I've also been burning mosquito coils to kill the adult gnats, (this method is a bit controversial, some people say it's okay others don't) do your own research and decide for yourself I guess.

Now that I've started getting on top of the gnat issue, I think my plants are suffering from Pythium, not sure if the gnats spread this, or if that's the reason the gnats turned up in the first place, either way, it's something that needs to be fixed.

I'm going to use Trichoderma, I was just after some advice on the product first, mainly on a specific brand called 'Great White Premium Mycorrhizae Beneficial Bacteria & Trichoderma). The description on Ebay sounds like it's a good way to go, it also says it's suitable for any substrate, so I'm guessing it's fine to use on coco? Has anyone had any experience with this product? 

My advice to any new, or even experienced coco growers is to innoculate your medium, using things mentioned through out the thread like diatomaceous earth. Prevention is easier than fighting the problem, from now on I will be doing this every grow.

Sorry I couldnt address everyone individually for thier efforts, I'm still typing on my IPhone.

Ford Fairlane

Ford Fairlane

Stoned gnome

• Moderator Crew
  • 3429 Posts:
  • Fav. Lighting: Bic
Good to hear you got your gnats sorted, bugga about the pythium. You are correct, prevention is better than cure. Great white shark is good stuff. It appears expensive, but a little goes a long way..

itchybromusic

itchybromusic

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • 4477 Posts:

never grown in coco but great white i've use & using at the mo , works well 

also used MAI myco apply maxx http://www.maiaustra...try/hydroponics

would recommend both , not both together , although you could use both at the same time 

Nice vid here , not on hydro , but on the way plants work in symbioses with microbes & what that means for food quality & human health  

Dan Kittredge : https://youtu.be/QOtsWsMbabg

might not be of interest to you but there ya go anyway 

"burning mosquito coils" Danger Will Robinson Danger"

Faith

Faith

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • 2686 Posts:

dose your coco come with trichoderma ? try a fresh top dress with that & diatomaceous earth , yellow sticky traps also help

+1   :sun:    the sharp sand will carve em up, the myco will starve em and the traps do what they do best :bongon:  Heya itchy will building the bacteria in the medium with lacto or the like assist with keeping the gnats disinterested do you know?  :unknw:

Faith :sun:

Edited by Faith, 15 January 2016 - 09:10 AM.

gallery_7617_565_5131.jpg

First grow:      

https://cannabis.com...6183-here-goes/                                                      2013/14:         https://cannabis.com...t-at-our-joint/

current...

https://cannabis.com.../72811-faith-gr

----///-\\\----Put This                              
---|||----|||---On Your                           
---|||----|||---account If                                             
---|||----|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who Died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\---Or who may be suffering from it
Survivors too..God bless em
More compassion in this world is what we need!

Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
International Cannabis Cultivation Questionnaire
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.