Hi-PAR ballasts

Apparently they are a good alternative to a 600w HPS, however from what I have read the the 315w footprint isn't as large as a 600w. I'm currently running in a 4 x 4 foot tent, I think the recommended size is 3x3, the spread of light seems fine to me but it is still early days.

You will be fine Otto. I run a 315w in a 4 x4 and get great yields. Just make sure you keep an even canopy for best results

• Upvote 2

Apparently they are a good alternative to a 600w HPS, however from what I have read the the 315w footprint isn't as large as a 600w. I'm currently running in a 4 x 4 foot tent, I think the recommended size is 3x3, the spread of light seems fine to me but it is still early days.

gday again mate. i have no experince with these lights but from what i have read the last month they say it is a great replacement for veg but not quite as good in flower. the buds are not so dense from what i have read. but some of the fellas on here say they have not noticed it. i decided i will wait for another yaer or so wait for the hype to settle then grab one for a veg room.

gday again mate. i have no experince with these lights but from what i have read the last month they say it is a great replacement for veg but not quite as good in flower. the buds are not so dense from what i have read. but some of the fellas on here say they have not noticed it. i decided i will wait for another yaer or so wait for the hype to settle then grab one for a veg room.

Mate, so far I'm liking this new ballast and lamp for flowering. Initially I was growing outdoors in soil but decided to bring the 2nd of each strain and grow them inside. Still early days but the ladies are responding well to the new setup.

using these lamps only for veg would be a massive waste.

from what i have read alot of people still prefer hps with a m/h in there with it for flowering. they say the l.e.c gives better trichs but thats about it, from what i have read the buds are not as dense. when i get time i will look through some of the diaries here during the flower to see for myself.

Mate, so far I'm liking this new ballast and lamp for flowering. Initially I was growing outdoors in soil but decided to bring the 2nd of each strain and grow them inside. Still early days but the ladies are responding well to the new setup.

sweet mate good luck and thanks for the advice on the lights

from what i have read alot of people still prefer hps with a m/h in there with it for flowering. they say the l.e.c gives better trichs but thats about it, from what i have read the buds are not as dense. when i get time i will look through some of the diaries here during the flower to see for myself.

sweet mate good luck and thanks for the advice on the lights

Personally I have had no problems with bud density and since switching my gram per watt has vastly improved.

You say some prefer and get better results with HPS and MH combined. That may well be. But I bet they can't match the energy consumption.

I don't have anything to gain by saying these lamps are great. I have a shed full of HPS gear. If i thought Hps produced better results I would still be using that Hps. I'm just a home hobby grower for perso headstash. For me these lights are easily the best option available right now.

Personally I have had no problems with bud density and since switching my gram per watt has vastly improved.

You say some prefer and get better results with HPS and MH combined. That may well be. But I bet they can't match the energy consumption.

I don't have anything to gain by saying these lamps are great. I have a shed full of HPS gear. If i thought Hps produced better results I would still be using that Hps. I'm just a home hobby grower for perso headstash. For me these lights are easily the best option available right now.

i do agree mate. but i think i will wait for the hype which phillips has made to wear off. then i will get a few of the babies and test it out for myself. i do believe you mate but i have learnt in my life the only person in this world you can trust is your mother, but ask your father if he trusted her hehe.

has anyone ever heard of the sinowell product from my research i think that is who make most of the top brands in grow gear but it gets stamped by lumatek or other well known brands. cause this company sells the l.e.c or cmh lights for dirt cheap with 5 years warranty.  only problem is i need to buy like 30 or 50 lights minimum.

if they are the correct lights i would do it. and sell the rest off on ebay dirt cheap as well.