Hi-PAR ballasts

Hey gfm, I picked up one of these ballasts the other week, they come with the 315w/930 CMH Agro lamp and man it is bright!The Philips branding for the different master colour range makes it bloody confusing though.

The ballast itself seems pretty good so far. It's pretty quiet, runs a little warm. The temp from the lamp doesn't increase the temp in the tent by much either.

ok thanks mate. im still no closer to choosing as i have read that they draw 700 watts of power for a 600 watt output.and penetration was a worry for me too but monsta says they penetrate further than hps. i am also thinking about switching to 1000watt hps for flower and maybe the hi-par 315 watt for veg. hoping to equal out the electricity for 2x 600 watters haha.

ok thanks mate. im still no closer to choosing as i have read that they draw 700 watts of power for a 600 watt output.and penetration was a worry for me too but monsta says they penetrate further than hps. i am also thinking about switching to 1000watt hps for flower and maybe the hi-par 315 watt for veg. hoping to equal out the electricity for 2x 600 watters haha.

Hey Grow for me,

I just bought one of the 315watt cmh lights and ballast combinations to try to save money on power costs in the long run, just curious where you read about it drawing 700watts because after reading that I am feeling a little ripped off lol or are you referring to the 400v hi par 600watt setups?

Cheers

So you can replace your hps with one of these? This 315w - what does that compare to hps wise? 600w or more?

Looking to change ballasts for the hps with new globes.

I got one of these http://www.stealth-garden.com/product/lighting/hi-par-315w-l-e-c-ballast/

it is a ballast that suits, a 315 watt phillips globe and an adapter plug that fits in to a standard reflector.

I don't know what a 600watt hps looks like but this thing is very bright. 

• Upvote 1

I got one of these http://www.stealth-garden.com/product/lighting/hi-par-315w-l-e-c-ballast/

it is a ballast that suits, a 315 watt phillips globe and an adapter plug that fits in to a standard reflector.

I don't know what a 600watt hps looks like but this thing is very bright. 

Right.. but grow for me said above they draw 700w right? 

mmmmmm

Hey Grow for me,

I just bought one of the 315watt cmh lights and ballast combinations to try to save money on power costs in the long run, just curious where you read about it drawing 700watts because after reading that I am feeling a little ripped off lol or are you referring to the 400v hi par 600watt setups?

Cheers

haha sorry all i was pretty stoned i was confused, i was meant to be talking about the light you are all talking about but i accidentally dropped the stat for one of the dual 315 watters i read about. but the 315s im pretty sure draw like 350 watts, i will do another search to see if i can find it.

Edited by grow for me
  • Upvote 1

So you can replace your hps with one of these? This 315w - what does that compare to hps wise? 600w or more?

Looking to change ballasts for the hps with new globes.

Apparently they are a good alternative to a 600w HPS, however from what I have read the the 315w footprint isn't as large as a 600w. I'm currently running in a 4 x 4 foot tent, I think the recommended size is 3x3, the spread of light seems fine to me but it is still early days.