Hi-PAR ballasts

Hi all, I'm looking for a new ballast / lighting setup and noticed a few shops are now stocking the Hi-PAR ballasts. I can't find much info/ reviews about them. I'm more interested in the  Hi-Par 315w LEC Digital Ballast (http://www.stealth-garden.com/product/lighting/hi-par-315w-l-e-c-ballast/) to go with the Phillips 315 CMH lamp. Is anyone using this setup? if so I would love to hear some feedback regarding it.

Alternatively if you are using a similar ballast with this lamp or could recommend one, I would be interested in hearing about it to.

Cheers.

:twiddle:

Been using them for 9 months..........Never going back 

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/75320-stans-big-bash-with-new-lights/

:good:

Yes, had a good read through those threads the other day. Papillons with those lamps look the goods. I was more curious about the Hi-Par ballasts and if anyone has used them...

i have been looking at them just the last few days ottoman. my hyrdo shop bloke reckons they are the go. i have been doing some research mate but it seems they are 2 different things. but do the same thing if that makes sense haha. the high par ballast claims to have the closest spectrum to the sun of any light but im guessing its the same as the d papillion.

i think naychas linked showed it if you go through the pages a fellow used to use the phillips brand of the cmh bulbs but they discontinued the line and then out come the d pappilion with lec. from what i can gather though even though they call it lec its still a form of mh its classed as l.e.c.m.h (light emitting ceramic metal halide).

im probably 6 months away from upgrading to one, so if i beat ya i will post how they go here.

http://www.stealth-garden.com/product/lighting/hi-par-315w-l-e-c-ballast/

Edited by grow for me

Hey gfm, I picked up one of these ballasts the other week, they come with the 315w/930 CMH Agro lamp and man it is bright!The Philips branding for the different master colour range makes it bloody confusing though.

The ballast itself seems pretty good so far. It's pretty quiet, runs a little warm. The temp from the lamp doesn't increase the temp in the tent by much either.

Edited by Otto_Mann

Hi All,

Long time no talk.

The Hi-Par 315w gives off an impressive amount of light and canopy penetration goes further than HPS. The spectrum is the closes to sun light that I have seen.

Results seem to stack up. Bud formation is tighter, looks more natural from textures to colours. More oil production and also activation.

I cant give any light on yield because 315w went in the last 6 weeks of flower.

considering the time 315w was in there the results compared to hps side of plant where second to none. 

It also runs much cooler than hps.

Its a winner.

post-53882-0-90120100-1453338982_thumb.pngpost-53882-0-36371000-1453339287_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2