Drug driving: One in four test positive on day six of Christmas holida

"I know police that have friends that use cannabis..."

had a dream that I once smoked weed with an off duty.. this was back in 2006 or there abouts. It felt quite surreal at the time because it was inside a pub and I hadn't met him before this (went to uni with his girlfriend at the time). They broke up sometime after this so I never got to know him.... Good times, I really miss those days sometimes

Edited by b4weed

lol

Mildly amusing, but probably not true as it likely costs a lot more for police man hrs and testing equipment, and the court's time than what the fines generate. Wouldn't be surprised to see a sudden massive jump in the fines for it if some smartarse douche pollie figures there could be a profit in it. But for now I see it more as a waste of taxpayers money to generate "tough on crime" statistics.

It all about keeping the "Man" in a job and growing the government. Keeping people down and dependent.[emoji35]

Seriously, when I was a teenager just starting to smoke pot.. I would get so ripped I could barely make a sandwich let alone drive a car.. Now I can smoke half a bowl and it only makes me more aware somewhat depending on the weed.  Although I have THC in my system 24/7 I have never been tested yet (touch wood). Its just unfair that you can get treated like a drunk driver long long after the effects of cannabis are gone... I understand the substance is not legal but with booz  the amount is measured so they can verify how it is effecting you.  With pot you are guilty of drug driving even if you had it days ago which is such a fucking wrong law.   It should be measured.. A certain level should indicate you should be charged with driving under the influence or just having and prohibited substance in your system. People should not lose their licence driving today after smoking yesterday.

What will they do if its legalized.. I have always wondered what they do in the USA where its legalized.. If its legal there does that mean its ok to drive and smoke? Do they have testing there? Anyone know?

Edited by Stiritup420
  • Upvote 1

Having it measured at a RDT makes complete logic sense for cannabis, unfortunately in the eyes of the Australian state police they see it as legitimising the use or having a tolerance for using drugs which is all complete crap regarding cannabis. It's the Governments last moral stance to keeping drugs at bay, but will eventually wane over time. Once the baby boomer generation continue moving on we will start seeing some big positive changers to drug laws for the better. 

Edited by lookinggoodguys