Mitragyna speciosa

This useful species is apparently due for scheduling in Australia soon. I've been led to believe that it will become very prohibited.    :thumbdown

Can anyone reliably tell me when this is meant to take effect ?

Kratom is suposed to become illegal as of the 1st of September next year, however there are discusions going on that may save this one from the prohibited list, the Thai's where the first to outlaw the plant which is where it originaly comes from, but the thia's are legalising the plant again on the same day the Aussies are bannign it so I belive they are reconsidering the banning here in Aus

It's a plant I would really hate to see go to the banned list as it has allot of potential not only for the hobiest but also for peopel wishing to use it for medicinal purposes, I used to take valium but now I use kratom for those times I need to relax and be sedated, it has also been proven to help heroin adicts quit

actually luke the funny thing is that most of these plants where originaly used buy different sorts of sharmans and religious followers for religious and spiritual purposes, this is one of the reasons I respect some plants too much to do anything but grow and care for them

you can find some info on kratom at the link bellow

Kratom Info

they are a great pain reliver and relaxant , I will be very sore if it ends up being banned

I couldn't agree more, Governments step too far imo some plants they bann are approaching extinction and governments destray them in masses when they are foun d, that could be a cure for some desise gone untill they happen to create it artificaillty in some lab, which may never even happen

in this plants case a few countries are changing their mind on the ban so i can't understand why Aus wants to go ahead with it now

I'd say it's likely got something to do with the US, but then again, we've got rabid prohibitionists in this country....

I mean, they're such a minority of people in society, the prohibitionists that is, and they've got far more voice and moral authority because of media exposure and clever propaganda...

With the right people promoting the emancipation of drug-prisoners and drug crimes being abolished, we could do it. I swear.

But ya get what ya put in, don't ya. I'd encourage everyone to speak with their local member and other canditates in their electorates about prohibition, and what they'd do if elected to fix the abominable mess that is the concept of prohibition. lol