Mardi grass 2016 who's going ?

I would recommend attending MG to anyone,

My wife and I went along for the first time last year and plan to return again for the next one.

We took a camper van up and turned it into a big road trip that was great fun.

The vibe I got was like a big farmers market.

Wife and I walked about the town soaking up the atmosphere stopping for a social doobie and a chat occasionally. She doesn't smoke and still had fun and walked away with new knowledge and a different outlook.

anyway good times to be had, get along if you can, just be sensible

• Upvote 1

Bloody hell, I think some of you really need to lay off the pot. lol

It's easy, if you are going to MG - don't be stupid. If you can manage that, you'll be right.

As to essentials packing for the event... trousers that don't drag on the ground, water proof boots and a rain poncho and you wont even notice it is raining.

I plan on going if I can get some time off work. Ill have to buy some new trousers though. I dont think I own any that dont drag on the ground.

• Upvote 1

went for the first time this year... was awesome !

recommend it to anyone, i love a drink and was able to wherever in the camp grounds, pub etc... met plenty of great people and just generally had a great time.

Next time would likely hang around for a few extra days or something, my heart nearly skipped a beat driving out of town with all the road blocks, thankfully didn't get pulled over :)

Edited by billygoat
  • Upvote 1