my new Mighty vaporizer

Here’s a review of my latest toy – the Volcano Mighty vaporizer, which I’ve had for nearly a week now.  I purchased from Oz Bongs as I think I read something about a local warranty.

sml_gallery_51352_1532_67667.jpg

Firstly, thanks to jagged and distiller for sharing their experiences of the Crafty and Mighty which assisted greatly in helping me to decide.

Despite the dauntingly thick instruction book, I was able to get it charged up and used very quickly.

It draws nicely and I can get tasty, dense clouds of vapour, bud quality permitting J  Far, far superior to the MFLB I have been struggling along with for the last couple weeks.  And, most importantly, it gets me every bit as wasted as my desktop vape.

Working out the filling tool required reference to a Youtube video, being unable to ‘get it’ from the book.  As it turns out, it is the cleverest invention and allows for effortless, no-spill, packing ‘on the go’.

Another Youtube video revealed the presence of the Filling Chamber tool and yet another how it can be used to as a stand for the Mighty (which was previously a negative compared to the Crafty which stands upright on it’s own).

I spent many hours trying to decide between the Crafty and the Mighty and, in hindsight, think I’ve made the correct decision for me.  The really nice bonus is that I can use the spare 18mm elbow from my Extreme Q and a bit of silicone tubing to filter the vapour through one of my bongs.

I was concerned about the size of the Mighty, but it’s proved perfect.  As most of my vaping out and about is done in my car I don’t require a super small unit and the extra battery time is well worth the trade-off in size.  With this in mind, I also purchased the car charger.

The one minute auto shut-off also works very well for me.

Best of all, my car will no longer stink of spilt bong water lol

Probably the only downside would be the cleaning, which relative to my Extreme Q, is a bit more involved. 

I did it after the first day and was surprised by how much build-up was in there.  I have since read about replacing the metal screen with a liquid concentrate pad which may reduce the build up.  I haven’t got around to trying this yet though.

I will report back in a couple weeks whether the $50AUD I have paid for 2 (because if I only get 1 I'll break it) glass mouthpieces from Vapefiend is worth it.  I think it will be because I’m just not that keen on the feel of the plastic between my lips, much prefer glass.

• Upvote 6

Looks good :)  What's the max temperature on it? Also how long does it take to heat up and then heat the bud inside it to the point where it really gets the vapor going with little to no effort from you drawing air through it?  I'd only played with a few portable jobs and most of them lack in those regards.  I think the ex has a davinci something or rather that only goes up to 210c which isn't bad at all but you have to let it sit there for ten minutes warming up and then you have to wait at least a few minutes for the bud or whatever to warm up a bit before it really becomes worth the effort.  Before that you suck back delicious warm air but by the time the good stuff gets released it tastes like poop unless you let it warm it all up a bit first.

Hey Crowsange, glad u like the Mighty, if i had the chance again and the cash i would get the Mighty for sure.

One thing i didnt mention has to do with the cleaning, which is a pain in the arse as you have found out. What i found was that you don't really need the top screen as you dont get anything in your mouth if u draw slow and smooth, which you have to do in my experience to get best results. When the chamber gets warm and you have had a few sucks, for what of a better word lol, you can remove the top of the device, the cooling unit i think they call it, and then tap it into some receptacle or the table if u are me :), if you do this on a regular basis as you are toking you really dont need to clean anywhere as much as before.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Gotta say I like my Mighty, but for the price... if I had to pay for it... I would have probably got another Iolite and saved the $400 difference. The Iolite has limitations with a single set temperature and no auto shutoff, but it is a lot easier to carry an extra can of gas when I go camping than to try and carry extra electricity. 

Unlike you Ange, I went straight to the single page 'quick start guide' and haven't looked at the manual yet...              

I hadn't found the cleaning tool before reading your post but found it and yeah, that makes a nifty little stand.        

Let us know how the glass mouth pieces go... I find the plastic a little off putting too, the Iolite at least had rubber tips on the plastic stems.                                                                                                                           

Bought the crafty has bad battery life but for what I need it for I find it fits the bill.. Cleaning? What cleaning I haven't cleaned mine for months the finer the grind on the material the more crud u end up with in your screens for real.. That nasty looking black goo in the lid isn't waste also its some mighty fine vaporized oil so go ahead and rub it down with a scraper or I run a tally ho and warm the machine up and use the tally ho to clean it up good for hard times hehe.. Basically these machines are faultless I have heard some issues arise at the 50/hrs mark but storz and bickel have sorted em out with either a new vape or they add new firmware..

One thing i didnt mention has to do with the cleaning, which is a pain in the arse as you have found out. What i found was that you don't really need the top screen as you dont get anything in your mouth if u draw slow and smooth, which you have to do in my experience to get best results. When the chamber gets warm and you have had a few sucks, for what of a better word lol, you can remove the top of the device, the cooling unit i think they call it, and then tap it into some receptacle or the table if u are me :), if you do this on a regular basis as you are toking you really dont need to clean anywhere as much as before.

Cheers Jagged.  Actually I think you did mention the cleaning thing but makes more sense now I actually have the unit :)  Will give it a try

...Unlike you Ange, I went straight to the single page 'quick start guide' and haven't looked at the manual yet...              

I hadn't found the cleaning tool before reading your post but found it and yeah, that makes a nifty little stand.        

Let us know how the glass mouth pieces go... I find the plastic a little off putting too, the Iolite at least had rubber tips on the plastic stems.                                                                                                                           

lol I was looking for a quick start guide Lou and still haven't found it!

The more I use it the more I'm looking forward to the glass mouth pieces, 'off putting' describes the mouth piece perfectly.

Looks good :)  What's the max temperature on it? Also how long does it take to heat up and then heat the bud inside it to the point where it really gets the vapor going with little to no effort from you drawing air through it?  I'd only played with a few portable jobs and most of them lack in those regards.  I think the ex has a davinci something or rather that only goes up to 210c which isn't bad at all but you have to let it sit there for ten minutes warming up and then you have to wait at least a few minutes for the bud or whatever to warm up a bit before it really becomes worth the effort.  Before that you suck back delicious warm air but by the time the good stuff gets released it tastes like poop unless you let it warm it all up a bit first.

Ok, timed it today. 

I can pack and fill using the filling tool in under 45 seconds and reckon I'll have that down to 30 in a couple weeks.

From cold start in 19 degree house it took 1min 30sec to reach my desired temp of 185 which significantly lower than the 195 i generally start my Extreme Q at.  At 190 degrees you get really dense clouds of vapor.  I haven't gone over this with the Mighty except to test for this report and at 210 the vapor had a strong burnt popcorn flavour and was not pleasant imo.

Second session about 1/2 hour later took exactly 1 minute to get to 185 degrees.

The bud goes in before you turn it on so there's no further waiting, straight into it.

So, stoned in less than 3 minutes :D  I'm like you weeping angel, not very good at the waiting :)

• Upvote 1

Update on the Mighty and the EasyFlow Glass Mouthpiece.

After playing around some more I’ve settled on starting temp of 175 for plentiful tasty vapour.  I don’t get past 180.

The glass mouthpieces arrived from Vapefiend in an unbelievably quick 1 week from the UK.  7.21 GBP would’ve been pretty reasonable with exchange rates of a couple years ago lol

Each mouthpiece comes with a silicone gasket plus a spare.  The glass has a tendency to pop out when you swivel it around so I simply don’t swivel it as much.

I read somewhere that the glass piece is supposed to improve the draw but I’ve not noticed any significant difference.  Have not done a comparison in a single session though.

sml_gallery_51352_1532_174853.jpg   med_gallery_51352_1532_237301.jpgsml_gallery_51352_1532_210672.jpg

The glass offers a vastly improved experience, and I'm more likely to clean regularly.

In conclusion, the glass mouth piece is worth every penny, although 1 would probably have sufficed as they feel very robust.  Will see how long the gaskets last.  I would get it again in a heartbeat although hope not to have to as it’s a pretty exxy spare part.

• Upvote 1